Author Topic: A10 Workshop Manual  (Read 6370 times)

Chipster

A10 Workshop Manual
« on: 13.09. 2007 09:14 »
Does anyone have an electronic version of the A10 workshop manual that they could email to me?

Many thanks.

Offline a10 gf

• Global Moderator
  • Wise & Enlightened
  • West Coast, Norway & Alpes Maritimes, France
    • A10 GF
Re: A10 Workshop Manual
« Reply #1 on: 13.09. 2007 14:55 »
Suppose it's the Haynes you refer to. Any copied version of that would be a copyright infringement. If companies like haynes do not sell anything, why would they (or anyone else) bother to go trough the work of producing manuals for obsolete and vintage models, and we would all loose out. Original is available for next to nothing from amazon, ebay or most british bike parts dealer.

You may also want the bsa service sheets etc. Much of the old original bsa and lucas paperwork is copied and available online or for download in pdf. Some is here  http://www.a7a10.net/BSA/instruction.htm http://www.a7a10.net/BSA/lucasmain.htm

Anyone knows other sources for (legal only) online literature?

Stand with
A10 GF '53 My A10 website
"Success only gets you a ticket to a much more difficult task"

Offline a10 gf

• Global Moderator
  • Wise & Enlightened
    • A10 GF
« Reply #2 on: 13.09. 2007 23:39 »
If it's the original "BSA Illustrated Workshop Manual" you're thinking of, a forum member is working on a superb .pdf, which seems to be available for download very soon.

Stand with

Chipster

« Reply #3 on: 14.09. 2007 08:53 »
Yeah, I have the Haynes manual. I paid proper pounds for it too in about 1990, so the guys at Haynes will be able to feed their families.  *smile*

You're right, it's the old original BSA Illustrated workshop manual I'm after. Should I keep my eyes peeled on this forum for it soon?

Cheers.

Offline a10 gf

• Global Moderator
  • Wise & Enlightened
    • A10 GF
« Reply #4 on: 14.09. 2007 14:48 »
 *lol* I do not cry much for haynes, just think they are not making much from books about old motorcycles, and it would be the first kind of publications they would stop producing. I've seen a preview of the Illustrated Workshop Manual pdf, quality work, think it's ready soon.

E.

Stand with

Offline dodmo

• Aberdeen, Scotland
  • Moving Up
« Reply #5 on: 14.09. 2007 16:40 »
You will find the pdf of the "BSA Illustrated Workshop Manual" a10gf is being so kind about here:

www.bsawiki.itmansoftware.net

For a number of reasons, I feel unable to give free access to this manual (details here) ... However, I think I am offering good value for money.

The first edition is ready for download but I am still developing the web site.
I have chosen this format for distributing the manual because I see this as a starting point, rather than a finished product and I feel a wiki offers the flexibility needed to maximise the possibilities.

Thanks again to Erling for allowing me to post this here.

regards
dodmo