Author Topic: Posting of Pictures, Attachments \ Uploading Avatar  (Read 11091 times)

Offline Caretaker

• Making things work !
  • Administrator
  • Valued Contributor
Re: Posting of Pictures, Attachments \ Uploading Avatar
« Reply #15 on: 09.02. 2021 11:01 »
I must admit I struggle a bit with an iPhone.  A quick if crude way to reduce the file size is to email the photo to yourself. There is an option, on my phone anyway, to reduce the size.   Just save the posted picture and use it on the forum.

John

For apple, as for android, there must exist many dozens or more image\photo editors to choose from if one needs more\better functions than comes with the phone.

Am -highly- recommending Snapseed, excellent stuff.
https://apps.apple.com/gb/app/snapseed/id439438619
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.niksoftware.snapseed

Or\and check out the photoshop apps.
"Sometimes I say things that are so highly intelligent that I do not understand a word of it"

Offline Butch (cb)

• Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #16 on: 09.02. 2021 14:34 »
Testing
Warning - observations made by this member have a 93% unreliability rating.

Of Bikes; various, including ...
'58 S/Arm Iron Head Flash Bitza

Offline Caretaker

• Making things work !
  • Administrator
  • Valued Contributor
« Reply #17 on: 09.02. 2021 15:39 »
^^^ picture in post above 216 kB, 1011x718 pixels, somewhat on the small side, but looks ok no problem.

Anything in a range from 1400x* to 2000x* will display very nicely at 100% view on most (every) device in use these days. And filesize stays low.
"Sometimes I say things that are so highly intelligent that I do not understand a word of it"

Offline Ratchet Richard

• A's Good Friend
« Reply #18 on: 12.08. 2021 22:34 »
Hi not sure what I am doing wrong but every time I try and upload an avatar from my Apple photos it displays upside down.  Even if I turn the photo through 180o it still shows upside don’t on the forum!

Offline Caretaker

• Making things work !
  • Administrator
  • Valued Contributor
« Reply #19 on: 19.08. 2021 20:36 »
Hi not sure what I am doing wrong but every time I try and upload an avatar from my Apple photos it displays upside down.  Even if I turn the photo through 180o it still shows upside don’t on the forum!

Hello sorry for late reply. Doing nothing wrong, it's some strange thing that happens with some ios photos, will show ok on phone and sometimes ok in some browsers, but exif still saying 180 deg rotated, got no explanation.

Try doing the orientation fix in Snapseed (excellent pic editing app, available for ios & andro) or other picture editing app, then save as a new image. If still problematic, post the picture as attachment here, and I'll edit the orientation + add it as avatar in your profile.

Thanks

Offline Ratchet Richard

• A's Good Friend
« Reply #20 on: 20.08. 2021 17:59 »
Thanks for reply.  Will have another go in the near future.

Offline Devlin

• A's Good Friend
« Reply #21 on: 09.07. 2022 20:36 »
cant post pics I get message file to big so I willneed to find another source of assistance
Isle of Arran 49 A7 LS

Offline Caretaker

• Making things work !
  • Administrator
  • Valued Contributor
« Reply #22 on: 09.07. 2022 22:01 »
cant post pics I get message file to big so I willneed to find another source of assistance

You''ll be an expert very soon :O) 1st, what cam\phone\device, & regarding possible apps (programs) for image editing, preferred os: android, apple, win, chrome, linux ?

Most phones will (should) let you make a resized copy without the need of any outside app. If not, there are dozens of easy ways to downsize any image to a suitable size > numbers of pixels for good screen viewing \ file size for fast download speed.

F.ex. my Samsung phone got this in the stock Gallery app. Pick a size, then Save as copy if one wants to keep the original fullsize photo untouched.