Author Topic: What was your first bike ?  (Read 1083 times)

Offline kiwipom

• Resident Legend
Re: What was your first bike ?
« Reply #30 on: 17.11. 2015 04:58 »
Hi guys, first bike was a Francis Barnett 197cc, bought for 10 quid when I was an apprentice in Canterbury. Passed my test on that and thrashed the life out of it everywhere but cannot remember what I did with it. Progressed to a Dominator 99cc that I dunstalised. A group of us used to ride to the grass track meets all around the south east coast thrashing up the white line at 85 mph without a thought of danger I also rode mates T120 and another mates Fanny B 250cc twin Cruiser that he bought brand new and was incredibly fast. Moved to London and within a few months the Norton was stolen, end of bikes until a few years ago here in NZ, actually I am sitting in the sun in Brisbane at the moment, happy days, cheers
A10.G.Flash(cafe racer)Honda 250 vtr. Yamaha Virago XV920.

War! what is it good for?Absolutely nothing, Edwin Star.
NewZealand

Online bikerbob

• Resident Legend
« Reply #31 on: 17.11. 2015 19:31 »
My first bike was a BSA C11G 1955 I took over the payments from my father as he wanted a bike and sidecar for the rest of the family he bought a 1954 BSA Goldflash with Canterbury sidecar.  I passed my test on the C11G then put it in part exchange for a Norton Dominator 88 which I modified quite a bit the usual, clip on bars high comp pistons did the head up alloy mudguards had it for about 4 years then part exchanged it for a Royal Enfield Constellation 1960 model this was in about 1962 kept that till I married in 1965 then it lay in the shed for a couple of years then sold it. Kids came along so it was old banger cars for a number of years but I was always working on them engines bodywork but when they were off the road I had to have transport for work so I had a NSU Quickly 50cc for a few months  then later I had a BSA Bantam Major 150cc which I gave away to a mate, then there was a gap of about 20 years till I bought a basket case 1957 Gold Flash in 1995 which I restored kept that for about 15 years and also BSA C12 which I restored then sold on. Sold the Flash bought a dismantled 1963 BSA A65 in 2010 restored it still have it and also a 1956 BSA A7 which I bought last year.

Offline duTch

• Ricketty Rocketty Golden Flashback
  • Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #32 on: 17.11. 2015 21:54 »

Hey KP, I've blown my data for the month had to do a search for you on the phone- I'll send a PM
Started building in about 1977/8 a on average '52 A10 -built from bits 'n pieces never resto intended -maybe 'personalised'
Have a '74 850T Moto Guzzi since '92-best thing I ever bought doesn't need a kickstart 'cos it bump starts sooooooooo(mostly) easy
Australia