Author Topic: have BSA Dating Certificte but I am up in there air what I have been sold now  (Read 1269 times)

Offline Bulgaria

• Active
this is a letter I Emaild to this guy

Dear Geoff RE BSA 957 HKC

Just to clear up matters looks like Lawrence Ernest Williams acquired the bike 24 4 1989. reg 957 HKC

Frame A10s /RGA724251 the same number as to day but shows eng DA10R1252.on VRD V5

Yet now the eng is DA10R8707  so did he give you a spear eng with this bike the original for this bike as you say you put the right one back in.

If we can clear this up will be good to understand what has happened and I have letter you gave me from M glen that sold Mr. Williams BSA road rocket reg 957 HKC sold as road rocket.

you also gave me a BSA OWNERS CLUB DATING CERTIFICATE  and yes it states original factory engine DA10R 8707
and framGA7 24251 stats this was the oriinal from the factory
But it looks like the engine was changed when you had it  from Engine DA10R!252 to Engine  DA10R8787   ok I have this dating from BSA  but you can see there is somthing wrong here please get the dating office of BSA to E mail me on this .

Thanks Duncan

Offline morris

• Wise & Enlightened
  • Antwerp, Belgium
Engine DA 10R 1252 (SR/RR engine) should be manufacturing year 1960
Engine DA 10R 8707 (also SR/RR engine or possible RGS but in that case the frame number is wrong) and frame GA7 24251 are both manufacturing year 1963 so could be matching.
Maybe someone with more knowledge than me can confirm or correct?
'58 BSA A 10 SA
'52 BSA A 10 Plunger
'55 MORRIS ISIS
The world looks better from a motorbike
Belgium

Offline Bulgaria

• Active
Thank You so much for info my head is all over the place when i went through old paper work .
So as I understand the DA10R8707 and GA7 24251 are 1963 as stated on dating despatched to v horsman liverpool on dec 1962 it states retains the original factory fitted engine it was originally finished in gray . the fomer owner had the bike in 1996
what gave me a shock was
reg 957 hkc  in 1986 showed  frame A1os/RGA724251  so as you say a 1960 engin DA10R1252
sorry i am so thick  thank Duncan

Offline Bulgaria

• Active
Dear morris rode and drove in your neck of the woods well nice good roads here in Bulgaria roads are getting better but the car drivers are not always good .I am in varna .I have had bikes way back from rocker days had Rocket3 mk2 all so tbaird bSA super rocket bsa b31 and a bony .i let them go when I moved here but wish i hd not .so i got hold of this super rocket 957 hkc .
keep in tuch morris  thanks again Duncan *smile*

Offline Topdad

• bob hebdon
  • Wise & Enlightened
  • l
Duncan, it's strange the way things pan out on this forum, only a week or so ago  a member was asking about grey A10's and here we go yours was grey when new. Your bike was probably sold by a dear friend of mine who was the manager at victor horsmans Ltd in Liverpool in '62 and where I worked as well from 65 to 69. Cheers Bob.
" rules are made for the guidance of wise men and the blind obediance of fools"
United Kingdom

Offline Bulgaria

• Active
sorry for letter is late been having more eye opps .
yes this states Finished in grey but now is red have you any pic of the grey bikesbe good to see.
i am having awe prob i had this bike posted over and found out that my V5 was wrong the guy states he for got to change V5 again this is his post to me
Hi Duncan,

You have this matter all wrong.

I bought the bike with engine number DA10 R 8707 fitted which is the original engine.
Years ago during my ownership I fitted another engine which was numbered DA10 R 1252 and when I did this I sent the V5C logbook off to DVLA and reported this and they changed the engine number written in the V5C logbook to DA10 R 1252.
When I fitted the original engine (Engine number DA10 R 8707) back into the bike (also years ago) I did not send the V5C log book off to DVLA to change the number in the V5C back to DA10 R 8707 which was a mistake. So when I sold you the bike and you saw the engine number in the bike was DA10 R 8707 all you had to do was to write to the DVLA sending the V5C and tell them the engine number is now DA10 R 8707 and they would change it and that would have been an end of the matter. As you are in a foreign country this matter may be causing you a problem but if you were here in England it would be a simple matter of sending the papers to the DVLA and in a few weeks everything would be sorted out. I cant see how I can help you any further..the BSA Dating Certificate is correct and the engine in the bike is the original engine so what is the problem apart from something written on the paperwork which in England could be sorted out in days. If you still have the friend in Grays just ask him to deal with it and send him the V5C after filling in the appropriate part of the “changes section” and dating and signing it using your name and his address.

Offline Bulgaria

• Active
sorry  i did not say to bob and thank you for your letter thanks again Duncan.