Author Topic: armistice day.  (Read 222 times)

Online Topdad

• bob hebdon
  • Wise & Enlightened
  • l
armistice day.
« on: 11.11. 2015 14:23 »
Returned about 11-30 to the office after going out to the local cenotaph for the 2 mins silence , was extremely moving ,young and old all united for a few minutes ,it was well worthwhile. Thought of my granddad ,he used to sing some  words to part of  the last post it's must be over 50 yrs ago but they stuck in my memory.
" rules are made for the guidance of wise men and the blind obediance of fools"
United Kingdom

Online bsa-bill

• Wise & Enlightened
Re: armistice day.
« Reply #1 on: 11.11. 2015 14:45 »
I was in Morrisons, they announced they would be observing a minutes silences and invited customers to join them, could not see the whole shop but it seemed to be very well received.
I did mention to the checkout lady that the announcement mentioned honouring those that gave there lives for our country, it should have mentioned lives lost on all sides but probably a slip of the tongue and the important bit was it was remembered and observed
All the best - Bill
1961 Flash - stock, reliable, steady, fantastic for shopping
1959 Rocket Gold Flash - blinged and tarted up  would have seizure if taken to  Tesco

Online cyclobutch

• Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #2 on: 12.11. 2015 12:34 »
My Grandmother always said she didn't like Remembrance Sunday - reminded her of the war.

Various, including ...
'58 Iron Head Flash Bitza

Online Topdad

• bob hebdon
  • Wise & Enlightened
  • l
« Reply #3 on: 12.11. 2015 15:15 »
and the many bad things that they saw during those terrible days eh ? All without a counsellor in sight .....
" rules are made for the guidance of wise men and the blind obediance of fools"
United Kingdom