Author Topic: Early and later  (Read 314 times)

Online bsa-bill

• Wise & Enlightened
Early and later
« on: 23.11. 2015 10:03 »
 I've not ever been a Pink Floyd fan to any degree but last night watched "Dave Gilmour live at the Royal Albert Hall - Remember that night" support Graham Nash and David Crosby guest Dave Bowie on BBC Iplayer (music category obviously; also on you tube I think) Really enjoyed it (possibly due in some part to my new set of  Philips SHB7000 Bluetooth Stereo Headset )

It struck me when they played "Arnold Lane" how many bands started with a hit that was miles away from the music they are now or later known for, also thinking of Quo Matchstick men

Any others
All the best - Bill
1961 Flash - stock, reliable, steady, fantastic for shopping
1959 Rocket Gold Flash - blinged and tarted up  would have seizure if taken to  Tesco

Online Greybeard

• Jack of all trades; master of none.
  • Wise & Enlightened
Re: Early and later
« Reply #1 on: 23.11. 2015 10:36 »
I love Pink Floyd; used to go watch them when they first started.

Offline scotty

• Valued Contributor
  • Deep Bay, Left Coast, Canada
« Reply #2 on: 23.11. 2015 13:31 »
It is interesting listening / watching bands evolve

Saw Floyd play at earls court london '79 - ish

Have all their vinyl albums & bootlegs from the 70's that still smell of mung beans, patchuli oil and herb  *eek*

S

Scotty

Current liabilities:
'56 A10 Red Flash
'54 B33
‘74 BMW R75-6

Offline kiwipom

• Resident Legend
« Reply #3 on: 23.11. 2015 19:58 »
hi guys, yeah was never a great fan until brick in the wall although I liked `see Emily play` I saw them in a pub in 1968/69, think it was the `Boat Shed` on the river in London. We saw all the groups in pubs back then the `Rolling Stones` played in Richmond as I remember also lined up for drinks in the `Drug Store` Kings Rd with them, you may recall a line from `cant always get what you want` song :- I went down to the Chelsea Drug Store to get my prescription filled, that was the pub not a chemist, happy memories, cheers
A10.G.Flash(cafe racer)Honda 250 vtr. Yamaha Virago XV920.

War! what is it good for?Absolutely nothing, Edwin Star.
NewZealand

Offline Topdad

• bob hebdon
  • Wise & Enlightened
  • l
« Reply #4 on: 24.11. 2015 11:27 »
Hi kiwi ,that brought back memories for me ,My brother was in uni at Brunel when it was in Acton and I visited often at least 2 times a month . ever been to the "Propect of Whitby " in  I think , '66 Everton won the cup final and with a friend who was an ardant Blues fan ( not music ) ***** off our faces he proceeded to walk down the wall ,the Thames was on the other side kicking pints of beer into the river ,we didn't stay long afterwards . We always went to  a pub by brent flyover for the Sunday session where there was always a good group on , before heading back to Liverpool ,silly but happy days  .
" rules are made for the guidance of wise men and the blind obediance of fools"
United Kingdom

Offline olev

• Brisbane, Australia
  • Resident Legend
« Reply #5 on: 24.11. 2015 11:28 »
A few years ago, Nick Mason (the Pink Floyd drummer) recorded the sound of his collection of racing cars going round Goodwood.
The CD is included in his book, Into the Red'.
It is worth buying just for the unbelievable sound of the V16 BRM.
Go easy on the volume. The BRM track has a reputation for blowing speakers.
cheers

Offline kiwipom

• Resident Legend
« Reply #6 on: 24.11. 2015 19:51 »
hi guys, TopDad yes the "Propect of Whitby" went there quite often along by Tower Bridge strange ritual's in that pub where the floors were stone and at the end of the evening they would be flowing with beer and broken glass, happy days,cheers
A10.G.Flash(cafe racer)Honda 250 vtr. Yamaha Virago XV920.

War! what is it good for?Absolutely nothing, Edwin Star.
NewZealand