Author Topic: Oil feed to rockers  (Read 1388 times)

Offline v8ivor

• A's Good Friend
Oil feed to rockers
« on: 11.01. 2016 14:08 »
Hi again,
I cannot see a banjo or tee from the oil return on Drag's diagram, so can any one clarify what the tank connection return/rocker feed set up should look like ? And is the oil feed pipe on the engine the one nearest you as viewed from the right hand side ? Also, I have two small rocker feed pipes going into a tee and a short length of the same size pipe from the tee, is the feed to the tee supposed to be a larger diameter pipe ?
Thanks again,
Ivor.

Online bsa-bill

• Wise & Enlightened
Re: Oil feed to rockers
« Reply #1 on: 11.01. 2016 14:29 »
https://www.draganfly.co.uk/index.php/bsa/bsa/a710--b3133--c101112--m202133/category/867-pre-unit-a-group

will show you the setup, if you can't get then the pics below might help

feed to rockers is the same size all the way apart from the rubber joining piece of course, this may have been changed at some point in the past with some thing else.
pipes from the engine are marked (stamped on the crankcase) R and F.
at the oil tank end it should be fibre washer , banjo, fibre washer, nut, return pipe nut thing.
All the best - Bill
1961 Flash - stock, reliable, steady, fantastic for shopping
1959 Rocket Gold Flash - blinged and tarted up  would have seizure if taken to  Tesco

Offline v8ivor

• A's Good Friend
« Reply #2 on: 11.01. 2016 18:31 »
Thanks Bill,
I didn't see that one (I was looking at the oil tank diagram ) But is the rocker feed pipe a larger diameter than the two short pipes after the tee ? (It's not clear to me from your or Drags picture ) I wonder if they put the hose piece in on later models, because of the pipe fracturing ?
Ivor.

Online bsa-bill

• Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #3 on: 11.01. 2016 18:42 »
I didn't see that one (I was looking at the oil tank diagram )

yes it's one of three highlighted text below the diagram so easily missed
pipe is all one size Ivor, the two studs that fasten the Tee banjo's to the rocker box have small holes (really quite small ) that meter the oil into the rocker shafts
so I wouldn't worry too much about the pipe size.
Yes I would say your right about the rubber connector being to save fractures of the return pipe
All the best - Bill
1959 Rocket Gold Flash - blinged and tarted up  would have seizure if taken to  Tesco

Offline edboy

• Resident Legend
« Reply #4 on: 11.01. 2016 20:59 »
if you do not have the pick up from the plunger oil tank you may be in trouble ivor as they are scarce. dragonfly has the banjo but the copper pipe will need soldering .

Online bsa-bill

• Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #5 on: 11.01. 2016 21:59 »
Plunger!! oops sorry missed that
All the best - Bill

Offline v8ivor

• A's Good Friend
« Reply #6 on: 11.01. 2016 23:17 »
Thanks edboy, I've got the fitting with the filter on it and I was going to see if I could flare the end of an 8mm copper pipe with a brake pipe tool. This fitting has a male BSP thread not a female thread to accept a banjo.