Author Topic: Original A10 Handlebar Sizes? Emgo Replacement?  (Read 500 times)

Offline Mr Bentwrench

• Active
'61 A10 came with some ape hangers. They are tall, large radius bend with just a ton of pullback. Guess them to be period correct as I've never seen a bend like this before!

Looking for some budget replacement bars in a near stock configuration. Finding Emgo "Classic" with 4.50" rise and 9.5" pullback. Their "Daytona" is a 4" with 4.25". The "Euro" is a 2" with 5.5". What was the original bend in the stock bar? Also, was there a Euro and an Export bar?

Dead stock is not really the goal so am open to anyone's recommendation on a rather stock looking bend that suits them better in rise and pullback.

Offline scotty

• Resident Legend
Re: Original A10 Handlebar Sizes? Emgo Replacement?
« Reply #1 on: 31.01. 2016 00:49 »
Ive got what I consider to be the standard bars
measurements approx
7/8 Dia
29 inch wide
3.5 inch pull back
3 inch rise

The western bars, I can only guess ,were a bit wider with more rise and more pull back *????*

The A10 Spitfire scrambler may have had factory fitted different bars again  *????*

S

Scotty

Current liabilities:
'56 A10 Dark Flash
'54 B33
‘74 Berlin Bomber R75-6

Offline duTch

• Ricketty Rocketty Golden Flashback
  • Wise & Enlightened
Re: Original A10 Handlebar Sizes? Emgo Replacement?
« Reply #2 on: 31.01. 2016 03:50 »

I think these are what I bought ; http://classicbritishmotorcycles.com/bsa-stainless-steel-handlebar.html

Really nice bars in spite of Wassle wrapping, and perfect on the PlungeR-Flash. I even bought another set to try on the Gutzzi, but too low for seat height, and I bought a different set to try as well at the same time, but  they were wrong (completely wrong shape and not stainless), in the meantime it seems ownership changed and the new owners have a different 'attitude'...so won't recommend them...but do as you will.

You can also try here (much better- has the dimensions); http://www.classicbikeshop.co.uk/bsa-a-b-and-m-models-stainless-steel-handlebars.html
Started building in about 1977/8 a on average '52 A10 -built from bits 'n pieces never resto intended -maybe 'personalised'
Have a '74 850T Moto Guzzi since '92-best thing I ever bought doesn't need a kickstart 'cos it bump starts sooooooooo(mostly) easy
Australia