Author Topic: Fuel tap trouble  (Read 2147 times)

Offline Rocket Racer

• Wise & Enlightened
  • A kiwi with a racing A10 rig and too many projects
    • NZ Classic Sidecar Racing
Re: Fuel tap trouble
« Reply #15 on: 01.07. 2016 23:20 »
I've ordered a pair of corks and will try them, but they will be on a short leash.
I don't currently run original taps on anything but the triple (which is a more modern arrangement), but I'll give them one chance before they go on the shelf as superceded by practicality.
While we're in winter mode here (actually had a frost last night  *roll* ) and its been wet all week am trying to make some progress with loose ends on this project
A good rider periodically checks all nuts and bolts with a spanner to see that they are tight - Instruction Manual for BSA B series, p46, para 2.
New Zealand

Offline Dean

• A's Good Friend
« Reply #16 on: 12.07. 2016 22:15 »
I've given up on old style taps. I now use Bap taps. They are cheap and don't leak.
Never tell people your troubles. Half of them are not interested and the other half are glad you're getting what's coming to you.

Offline Rocket Racer

• Wise & Enlightened
  • A kiwi with a racing A10 rig and too many projects
    • NZ Classic Sidecar Racing
« Reply #17 on: 13.07. 2016 03:06 »
If they cause me any grief they'll be on the spares shelf.
my only beesa still currently on period taps has the later 1972 type (being a '72 bike) that are fine.
My tolerance for leaking taps is close to zero.
A good rider periodically checks all nuts and bolts with a spanner to see that they are tight - Instruction Manual for BSA B series, p46, para 2.
New Zealand