Author Topic: some riders  (Read 462 times)

Offline nimrod650

• Valued Contributor
some riders
« on: 02.02. 2016 18:57 »
not wanting  to swear but went into town on honda 90 parked outside shop and two guys pulled in front of me in full leathers ect on a fireblade and yamaha r1 i said in a polite way lads you have just come the wrong way down a one way street the reply was so f-----g what and they just walked away
Good Advice
No reactions

Online Greybeard

• Jack of all trades; master of none.
  • Wise & Enlightened
Re: some riders
« Reply #1 on: 02.02. 2016 19:09 »
Bikers eh? Tch!
Good Advice
No reactions

Offline bikerbob

• Resident Legend
« Reply #2 on: 02.02. 2016 19:42 »
 You see people every day doing stupid things on the road but sadly the chances of getting caught by the police is very slim.
Good Advice
No reactions

Offline Topdad

• bob hebdon
  • Wise & Enlightened
  • l
« Reply #3 on: 03.02. 2016 10:56 »
I agree , how many times do you wish a cop car was close to you  when cars simply ignore traffic lights , change lanes without a thought ,pull out without looking etc. sadly bikers are not immune sadly pulling wheelies may be fun but not in a crowded city centre !Driving into Tesco carparks using the exit road doesn't endear bikers to people either (seen last weekend) but swearing at the car drivers simply confirms All bikers as idiots who shouldn't be on the road!  Overtaking on blind bends won't lead to a long life EITHER but seems a favourite, during the evening ride outs I did last yr the number of times I expected to hear a loud bang but didn't was beyond memory. !
Good Advice
No reactions
" rules are made for the guidance of wise men and the blind obediance of fools"
United Kingdom

Online Greybeard

• Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #4 on: 03.02. 2016 11:31 »
I dare to say that most of us were bike nutters in our youth. I remember when I was 16 I had my Huntmaster with a sidecar chassis attached, riding one night through Richmond Surrey at a great speed. When I found that I couldn't  turn sharply enough when leaving a roundabout, (without risking a rollover) to pass inside a bollard I swept around the outside of the bollard toward oncoming traffic!

Here is a link to Google's Street view of that junction; it's been widened and straightened out a bit since 1966. I drove around the right hand side of the central bollard! https://goo.gl/maps/4e8crC6qtNB2
Good Advice
No reactions

Offline Topdad

• bob hebdon
  • Wise & Enlightened
  • l
« Reply #5 on: 03.02. 2016 12:02 »
yes I agree  GB and  I don't wear rose tinted specs re my and my mates  behaviour at times ,I ended up a tree with my combo avoiding a scooter once and rode off the side of a steep  hill on another occasion  ( don't ask ) but and it seems a real but  a) there wasn't the volume of traffic b) at least the stupidity happened normally in the wilds where it was usually quieter again c) we didn't F and blind at people just because they pointed out something we'd done which was blatantly stupid and d) if you continually rode like such a nutter that mr plod got interested he would give anyone around said idiot a very hard time so you got rid of him or he learned some sense. My old man used to say "youth is wasted on the young " but at least we had just a little commonsense which seems to be totally lacking today.
Good Advice
No reactions
United Kingdom

Online Greybeard

• Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #6 on: 03.02. 2016 12:36 »
I have a theory that because every effort is made by the authorities to make roads as safe as possible, particularly our motorways, and vehicles have safety devices such as antilock brakes etc. many drivers have stopped using their brains to assess if what they are doing is sensible. For instance, I often see a car doing excessive speed in a supermarket car park where people are letting their children run on ahead;  two examples of utter thoughtlessness!
Good Advice
No reactions

Offline Butch (cb)

• Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #7 on: 03.02. 2016 14:10 »
With all due respect - I wouldn't have some guy on a 'moped' tell me how to ride, even now ... when I know I'm carp.
Good Advice
No reactions
Warning - observations made by this member have a 93% unreliability rating.

Of Bikes; various, including ...
'58 Iron Head Flash Bitza

Offline Topdad

• bob hebdon
  • Wise & Enlightened
  • l
« Reply #8 on: 03.02. 2016 16:15 »
 A trifle harsh CB , what a guy chooses to ride doesn't doesn't degrade from that persons knowledge anymore than riding a BSA RGS doesn't always denote someone of great ability and sense. On the contrary ,I think Nimrod showed great restraint ,He should have laid the ignorant twit out with his crash helmet  there and then it may have bashed some sense into him !
Good Advice
No reactions
United Kingdom

Offline Butch (cb)

• Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #9 on: 03.02. 2016 16:29 »
Yeah - sorry. Just another illustration that I'm as big a 541t as some folks that you'll encounter out there.
Good Advice
No reactions
Warning - observations made by this member have a 93% unreliability rating.

Of Bikes; various, including ...
'58 Iron Head Flash Bitza

Online Triton Thrasher

• Scotland
  • Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #10 on: 03.02. 2016 20:11 »
People just don't repect busybodies these days!
Good Advice
No reactions

Offline nimrod650

• Valued Contributor
« Reply #11 on: 03.02. 2016 20:54 »
People just don't repect busybodies these days!
or being made to look a pillock by a 70yr old on a moped but its easier to park than the  bsa or hailwood replica ducati
Good Advice
No reactions