Author Topic: Pre '50 Longstroke complete Parts lists ?  (Read 755 times)

Offline duTch

• Ricketty Rocketty Golden Flashback
  • Wise & Enlightened
Pre '50 Longstroke complete Parts lists ?
« on: 07.03. 2016 11:17 »
 I didn't want to hijack the current RGS debate, so having said that, whilst searching for info on Longstroke  gearboxes, it seems the "Longstroke Engine" section is a bit exclusive to engine only and doesn't also include gearbox or other stuff  pre Engines # AA7101 ZA10 1215
 I'm sure there's plenty use for parts lists...??

Am I wrong in saying the Longstroke box is slightly different to the later ones, very similar except different gears/dogs and minor cosmetics...?
Started building in about 1977/8 a on average '52 A10 -built from bits 'n pieces never resto intended -maybe 'personalised'
Have a '74 850T Moto Guzzi since '92-best thing I ever bought doesn't need a kickstart 'cos it bump starts sooooooooo(mostly) easy
Australia

Offline trevinoz

• Newcastle, N.S.W. Australia.
  • Wise & Enlightened
Re: Pre '50 Longstroke complete Parts lists ?
« Reply #1 on: 07.03. 2016 20:13 »
Yeah Dutch, you are wrong about the box. The original type was used into the early Flash production.

Offline duTch

• Ricketty Rocketty Golden Flashback
  • Wise & Enlightened
Re: Pre '50 Longstroke complete Parts lists ?
« Reply #2 on: 07.03. 2016 22:04 »

Yo Trev, well not completely wrong, I figured that the A10's up to ~'50 which I gather is when the A7 Longstrokes finished, did some research last night, and have found the part numbers on DragAnfly for what it's worth- they don't have the layshaft constant-mesh I need to replace.
 Some parts are listed as '47-'49, some '48-'49, some '48-'50, and some '47-'50  *pull hair out*

I already determined the main difference being in the dog arrangement (as per photo with pre-requisite circles and arrows) and sprocket seal, outer cover/w kick return spring, the camplate detent plunger has a chisel end instead of a point, and maybe a couple of other things.

I have a couple of the later boxes, one which came on the 23.12.52 engine (into which I grafted C/R gears) so I think I'll reno a STD one of those to keep it simple.

The only issue with this earl box, is whine and slipping out of third gear, but I'll go to that thread.
Started building in about 1977/8 a on average '52 A10 -built from bits 'n pieces never resto intended -maybe 'personalised'
Have a '74 850T Moto Guzzi since '92-best thing I ever bought doesn't need a kickstart 'cos it bump starts sooooooooo(mostly) easy
Australia