Author Topic: Help required electrics A50  (Read 422 times)

Offline A10 JWO

• Resident Legend
Help required electrics A50
« on: 08.03. 2016 14:03 »
I know this is the wrong bike for this forum but thought someone might be able to help.
An old chap I know as asked me for help since his riding days are over due to a careless car driver. He has a 1964 A50 which has not run for a few years. When it was put away it was fine.
This is one of three bikes he has that he wants to sell. Someone has been fiddling which the battery, this apparently toppled out and snapped the wires ? It seems to be Positive earth ? or is it.
I found an inline master fuse that has blown as well. Its a lovely bike and I think he is going to ask me to help him sell it.
He/we do not have a wiring diagram for this beast, can some nice member please email a wiring diagram for this model. ( colin.william.oakley@gmail.com ) can anyone tell me where the battery earth was connected to this frame as I cannot see any trace of a connection near the rectifier under the seat or surrounding area.
Thank you in anticipation. *smile*

Online Billybream

• Resident Legend
Re: Help required electrics A50
« Reply #1 on: 08.03. 2016 14:58 »
Hi. Diagram Emailed to you. Sorry no expert , only have manual
1960 Super Rocket, owned since 1966, back on the road 2012 after being laid up for 29yrs.

Offline A10 JWO

• Resident Legend
Re: Help required electrics A50
« Reply #2 on: 08.03. 2016 15:16 »
Thanks for that, it is fine. Now my printer has run out of ink LOL.

Regards Colin