Author Topic: sparkplugs  (Read 291 times)

Online roadrocket.chris

  • A's Best Friend
  • ***
  • Join Date: Aug 2010
  • Posts: 79
  • Karma: 2
  • my pride and joy
    • roadrocket
sparkplugs
« on: 19.03. 2016 16:54 »
just a thought all the talk of modern petrol and its effect on insulators in modern plugs has anyone tried cleaning them in an ultrasonic tank and then drying.
roadrocket
condor a350
motoguzzi v50
armstrong 500 mt
bantam d3
Ireland

Offline bsa-bill

  • Wise & Enlightened
  • *
  • Join Date: Mar 2006
  • Posts: 5557
  • Karma: 65
Re: sparkplugs
« Reply #1 on: 19.03. 2016 17:16 »
Probably it's the fact that the insulators are not glazed that causes the problem, not so much mucky as it get wet and takes in the petrol mixture and any conductive additives ( I have no knowledge that any additives are conductive, but you get the point), end result no spark.
I have an ultrasonic cleaner but no I've never tried it, interesting tho
All the best - Bill
1961 Flash - stock, reliable, steady, fantastic for shopping
1959 Rocket Gold Flash - blinged and tarted up  would have seizure if taken to  Tesco