Author Topic: Guy Martin's Wall of Death: Live  (Read 688 times)

Offline Dean

• A's Best Friend
Re: Guy Martin's Wall of Death: Live
« Reply #15 on: 30.03. 2016 22:50 »
Pity Guy had to get the record on a 'modern' though ;)
Don't understand your comment;  the highest speed he attained was on his homebuild with a BSA triple lump

Rocket Three... modern fancy stuff in my book  ;)
Never tell people your troubles. Half of them are not interested and the other half are glad you're getting what's coming to you.

Offline Rocket Racer

• Wise & Enlightened
  • A kiwi with a racing A10 rig and too many projects
    • NZ Classic Sidecar Racing
« Reply #16 on: 31.03. 2016 00:25 »
If you ever get the chance to ride a forty + year old BSA group triple its pretty obvious they aren't a modern in any sense of the word. (the first ones came out within 5 years of the A10 ceasing production so getting close to 50 years old now)

I love mine  *loveit*  but it has all the "character"  *shh* of any sixties machine  and is pretty crude if you hop off anything made in the last 25 years.

Its not a bike you ignore carrying a full toolkit anywhere  *whistle*

Where it might be arguably modern; is that its extremely complicated to work on compared to an A10, with three 626 concentrics to synchronise, an additional layer of engine cases  *pull hair out* A motor that needs to be well assembled to be reliable and capable of magic when it is.

I've retrofitted mine with a T160 electric leg and boy were the lads at last weekend beesa run jealous
Modern though? I don't think so.
A good rider periodically checks all nuts and bolts with a spanner to see that they are tight - Instruction Manual for BSA B series, p46, para 2.
New Zealand

Offline nimrod650

• Valued Contributor
« Reply #17 on: 01.04. 2016 19:20 »
Brilliant, he,s so natural, and super fit. Shame he,s not doing the TT this year.
always the bridesmaid never the bride but 10 out of 10 for effort in the tt and wish him all the best in his future record attemps

Online bsa-bill

• Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #18 on: 01.04. 2016 19:46 »
just got round to watching it last night, enjoyed it, interesting all that centrifugal stuff.
Last time I saw the Wall if deaththey had girls doing it,   (where the hell was that - possibly the Hoppins on the Town Moor)
All the best - Bill
1961 Flash - stock, reliable, steady, fantastic for shopping
1959 Rocket Gold Flash - blinged and tarted up  would have seizure if taken to  Tesco

Offline Dean

• A's Best Friend
« Reply #19 on: 01.04. 2016 21:48 »
Ah well, I've learned to keep my pitiful attempts at humour to other forums *red*
Never tell people your troubles. Half of them are not interested and the other half are glad you're getting what's coming to you.

Online bsa-bill

• Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #20 on: 01.04. 2016 22:00 »
Ah well, I've learned to keep my pitiful attempts at humour to other forums *red*
Nah keep plugging away Dean, we'll catch up evetually
All the best - Bill
1961 Flash - stock, reliable, steady, fantastic for shopping
1959 Rocket Gold Flash - blinged and tarted up  would have seizure if taken to  Tesco

Offline Rocket Racer

• Wise & Enlightened
  • A kiwi with a racing A10 rig and too many projects
    • NZ Classic Sidecar Racing
« Reply #21 on: 02.04. 2016 04:03 »
You have to have a sense of humour to own BSA's, even those modern ones!

Just to make a point it isnt, my R3 ignition packed up during the week leaving me stuck by the motorway  *sad2* Yep still cursed with lucas electrics which fried my boyer.

A good rider periodically checks all nuts and bolts with a spanner to see that they are tight - Instruction Manual for BSA B series, p46, para 2.
New Zealand