Author Topic: Not BSA possible scam ?  (Read 387 times)

Offline A10 JWO

• Resident Legend
Not BSA possible scam ?
« on: 05.04. 2016 16:58 »
Hi Chaps. There must be one of you out there who are also on a Triumph Forum. On ebay there is an immaculate T110 for £3,800. Ebay number 301918044732. I smell a rat on this one, it is too cheap and the location is UK, no contact number. Can someone forward this to the appropriate Triumph Forum before someone parts with a deposit, which is sometimes the case. If it is a genuine advert, it will be a good buy.

Online bsa-bill

• Wise & Enlightened
Re: Not BSA possible scam ?
« Reply #1 on: 05.04. 2016 18:02 »
he has some interesting other items, could be a cross dressing guitar player (OOPs hope it's not someone here)  *respect* 
All the best - Bill
1961 Flash - stock, reliable, steady, fantastic for shopping
1959 Rocket Gold Flash - blinged and tarted up  would have seizure if taken to  Tesco

Offline a10gf

• Wise & Enlightened
  • West Coast, Norway & Alpes Maritimes, France
    • A10 GF
« Reply #2 on: 05.04. 2016 18:14 »
Seems like a real ad so far, but anyway am supposing anyone interested would contact the seller and get info\phone nr\exact location\get more detailed pictures etc

But there's a 'picture' of the photographer (presumed seller?) in the reflection on the oil tank. Looks of him does not immediately match the types of ebay items the seller has previously bought ;O)

But bike looks excellent, must be very good value (unless all the gearbox\engine internals are missing :O) if it's a real listing.

A10 GF '53 My A10 website
"Success only gets you a ticket to a much more difficult task"

Offline nimrod650

• Valued Contributor
« Reply #3 on: 05.04. 2016 19:19 »
Hi Chaps. There must be one of you out there who are also on a Triumph Forum. On ebay there is an immaculate T110 for £3,800. Ebay number 301918044732. I smell a rat on this one, it is too cheap and the location is UK, no contact number. Can someone forward this to the appropriate Triumph Forum before someone parts with a deposit, which is sometimes the case. If it is a genuine advert, it will be a good buy.
ran the reg through dvla check no details found *ex* *ex*emailed the seller about viewing and location he asked if i had a mobile n0 nothing else

Offline unclerob

• A's Best Friend
« Reply #4 on: 05.04. 2016 22:00 »
I recall there was someone on ebay a year or two ago who was advertising nice bikes at very low prices, I emailed him about one, he asked for my mobile number and then sent me a long text saying he was in Northern Scotland, the bike couldn't be viewed but once I'd paid for it he would have it delivered and if I wasn't happy with the condition he would refund the money. I think he was using both the photos and text from another advert and just putting on a much lower price....

Offline WozzA

• Wise & Enlightened
  • Melbourne Australia
« Reply #5 on: 06.04. 2016 07:14 »
301918044732  Must have been taken down...  nothing there...  move along   *dunno*
'51 Golden Flash Plunger
'57 Golden Flash Swingarm

Melbourne
The biggest lie I tell myself is
"I don't need to write that down, I'll remember it"

Offline Beezageezauk

• N.E. England
  • Resident Legend
« Reply #6 on: 06.04. 2016 11:52 »
Agreed.....Last night I sent an email to the seller under the pretense of getting an idea of the location only to find out this morning that I not only didn't get a reply but the posting is no longer available. 

Beezageezauk.

Online metalflake11

• Resident Legend
« Reply #7 on: 06.04. 2016 14:27 »
It would seem the turd has been flushed!  *smile*

Well done all concerned.
England N.W
1960 A10
England

Offline nimrod650

• Valued Contributor
« Reply #8 on: 06.04. 2016 16:57 »
just recieved an urgent email alert from ebay add removed seller has been using an  ebay account  without the owners consent have no further contact

Offline a10gf

• Wise & Enlightened
  • West Coast, Norway & Alpes Maritimes, France
    • A10 GF
« Reply #9 on: 06.04. 2016 17:12 »
some interesting other items, could be a cross dressing guitar player

there's a 'picture' of the photographer (presumed seller?) in the reflection on the oil tank. Looks of him does not immediately match the types of ebay items the seller has previously bought ;O) 

Yes, big suspicion of a hacked account. The previous deals on the account was arabic perfumes, exotic lingerie etc = all that any classic bike owner will use ebay for lol

A10 GF '53 My A10 website
"Success only gets you a ticket to a much more difficult task"