Author Topic: Cheshire BSA Club Weekend Camp 6-8th May  (Read 356 times)

Online beezermacc

• Resident Legend
  • Not for the purist!
    • Priory Magnetos Ltd.
Cheshire BSA Club Weekend Camp 6-8th May
« on: 01.04. 2016 22:54 »
Hi Folks, Just a quick note to let you know that we have our Annual Camp and Rally at The Cotton Arms, Wrenbury, nr Nantwich during the weekend of 6th May. There were a few forum members in attendance last year, one even won the 'Best Bike' award! We've got all the usual mayhem including a pub quiz on Friday night, the famous 'Cheshire Cheese Run' on Saturday, followed by silly games on the field. In the evening we retire to the pavilion and get very merry to the sounds of 'Tumbling Dice' our favourite rock band. There are the usual awards and a raffle and buffet. What more could you want?....oh yes.... beer! We've got that too! In fact free beer will be awarded to silly games winners to give you a head start on other revellers in the evening. And if you want to come and set up an autojumble stall on Saturday you'll be very welcome, no charge ( but no bog rolls, fudge or dreamcatchers please, it's not Stafford!). More details on the Cheshire BSA website www.cheshirebsa.co.uk
Priory Magnetos Ltd - A10 spares, magneto and dynamo refurbs. www.priorymagnetos.co.uk

Online Greybeard

• Jack of all trades; master of none.
  • Wise & Enlightened
Re: Cheshire BSA Club Weekend Camp 6-8th May
« Reply #1 on: 02.04. 2016 09:00 »
There were a few forum members in attendance last year, one even won the 'Best Bike' award!
*red*

Online beezermacc

• Resident Legend
  • Not for the purist!
    • Priory Magnetos Ltd.
« Reply #2 on: 03.04. 2016 12:47 »
Yeh, Greybeard, you know who you are!!!!!!
Priory Magnetos Ltd - A10 spares, magneto and dynamo refurbs. www.priorymagnetos.co.uk

Online Greybeard

• Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #3 on: 04.04. 2016 07:50 »
I will do my best to get there.

Online beezermacc

• Resident Legend
  • Not for the purist!
    • Priory Magnetos Ltd.
« Reply #4 on: 28.04. 2016 19:15 »
Just a quick reminder that this event takes place in just over a week. looking forward to seeing other Forum members at the event.

Online Greybeard

• Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #5 on: 08.05. 2016 19:29 »
I went, I saw, I conquered! Our team, (of two, one of us on a Kawasaki Brit lookalike) won a Cheshire cheese due to winning the mystery ride-out! I was also the winner of the farthest traveller to the site.

The daytime weather was hot, if not always cloudless. The nights were chilly.

My SatNav worked beautifully powered by a charging pack. I used the pack both there and back and during the weekend and the power indicators show only about one quarter of the charge was used so very successful!

The weekend was slightly spoiled for me during Friday night when my ancient camp bed fabric gradually tore down the middle. By morning my head, shoulders and feet were still on the bed but my botty was on the cold cold ground sheet. I rushed off on Saturday morning to Nantwich to find a charity/thrift shop where I bought a couple of old blankets to try to soften the ground under my hip bones. Saturday night was restless; at 66 I'm no longer good at sleeping on the ground!

I wore one of my newly minted forum publicising tee-shirts on each day and folks were obviously totally underwhelmed!

My Plunger, with its new 20 tooth gearbox sprocket is a far better machine for longer rides; in fact while overtaking a lorry I forgot that I still had another gear! My next change will be to fit the correct rear sprocket; C&D Autos are getting some in soon.

Anyroadup, (as they say somewhere) I had a spiffing weekend. I met another forum member with the username Paolo. Thank you Andrew Beezermacc Guttman and everyone else at Cheshire branch. See you in another or the same field later.

Offline paulo

• Moving Up
« Reply #6 on: 08.05. 2016 23:41 »
Hi Greybeard,

Glad you enjoyed the weekend and hope the hip has relocated itself. Great to see you and your plunger and yes I noticed the forum shirt. I also vaguely remember winning the quiz on the Friday night. Green Monkey lager. Great taste and strength bordering on tramp juice levels. 

Just been stashing the catering equipment in my garage...

Huge thanks also to Beezermacc for organising the event, and everyone else in Cheshire Branch who came along and helped out. Highlight of today was when Andrew, Vic and myself clambered onto our slightly damp  bikes to head home and all three started first kick! Despite an audience.

Cheers P