Author Topic: Just new to it all! What am I getting myself into?  (Read 2336 times)

Offline Dave

• Moving Up
  • Dave
Re: Just new to it all! What am I getting myself into?
« Reply #30 on: 09.12. 2020 12:09 »
Hello Everyone,

Many many thanks for everyone's help and kindness!! I'm genuinely humbled at the support you are all giving me!!

It does appear that the frame is around the 54 mark from all the snippets of info we are piecing together.
I will have a look at the engine mounts but think its part of the casting, not brazed.
I now know the frame stamping should have 5 digits and a friend has dated the registration number the bike started with to be around the same time.

Last week I had no idea how I went about registering the bike with DVLA, which is a different challenge to building the bike.
Its fairly promising the stamping is under the powder coat so off it will come, so I can start to progress that challenge as well!

Kind Regards
Dave
Lancashire - UK
A10 Swinging arm restoration

Offline scotty

• Resident Legend
« Reply #31 on: 09.12. 2020 15:45 »
Admin:
Thanks for pointing that out re iPhone photo orientation.
I’ve tried without success to rectify it many times but it stubbornly refuses my request 🤨
Any advice on how to fix it greatly appreciated!

open in any image editing program\app, rotate, and save

Greybeard:
Yes that box has been in my family for as long as I can remember but no one can tell me who’s it was.
All of my rellies that served in WW2 and Korea are now gone....they never spoke of their grandparents service in WW1 and we have no old photos/ letters to know.
It could’ve been handed down or randomly picked up by a family member along the way.
There’s one old guy at my local Legion that knew all about the boxes original use
It’s now used to store my medical marijuana 😊

Scotty

Current liabilities:
'56 A10 Dark Flash
'54 B33
‘74 Berlin Bomber R75-6

Offline Dave

• Moving Up
  • Dave
« Reply #32 on: 20.03. 2021 21:41 »
Hello Everyone,

I thought I would share the slowly but surely progress building Dads bike. Every little job seemed to have a big challenge attached, but its taking shape!! Waiting for clutch parts and the Siamese exhaust from cake St to come back from the chromers. Need a chronometric speedo but got most of the parts sourced and fitted and electrics done. I think I'm getting a BSA bug!!  ;)

Dave
Lancashire - UK
A10 Swinging arm restoration

Online Greybeard

• Jack of all trades; master of none.
  • Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #33 on: 20.03. 2021 22:55 »
Looking good 👍
Greybeard (Neil)
2023 Gold Star
Supporter of THE DISTINGUISHED GENTLEMAN'S RIDE https://www.gentlemansride.com

Warwickshire UK

A Distinguished Gentleman Riding his 1955 Plunger Golden Flash