Author Topic: What the...? Crazy custom.  (Read 332 times)

Online RichardL

• Outside Chicago, IL
  • Wise & Enlightened
Plan on signing up for the world-wide 2020 DISTINGUISHED GENTLEMAN'S RIDEon September 27, 2020 (if it's not cancelled and we are free to move about by then). Watch website at https://www.gentlemansride.com for details.

Offline duTch

• Ricketty Rocketty Golden Flashback
  • Wise & Enlightened
Re: What the...? Crazy custom.
« Reply #1 on: 10.04. 2016 21:26 »

I built a billy-cart configured like that for my youngster when he was in 2 or 3 grade. Was short on matching wheels, so ended up with a Tri***h front wheel on the back, and the 6" tractor treads from the ride-on mower on the front- was super stable and heaps of fun. Have a pic somewhere.
Started building in about 1977/8 a on average '52 A10 -built from bits 'n pieces never resto intended -maybe 'personalised'
Have a '74 850T Moto Guzzi since '92-best thing I ever bought doesn't need a kickstart 'cos it bump starts sooooooooo(mostly) easy
Australia

Online Greybeard

• Jack of all trades; master of none.
  • Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #2 on: 10.04. 2016 23:32 »
Have a pic somewhere.
I'd like to see that

Offline duTch

• Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #3 on: 11.04. 2016 08:23 »

Couldn't find the copy, so had to dig out originals and reshoot. ..
 Pic #1  is 'under construction'
 Pic #2 is the youngster in control
 Pic #3 is me after a stack with modified wheels (had to put the mower wheels back on the mower *conf*)
Started building in about 1977/8 a on average '52 A10 -built from bits 'n pieces never resto intended -maybe 'personalised'
Have a '74 850T Moto Guzzi since '92-best thing I ever bought doesn't need a kickstart 'cos it bump starts sooooooooo(mostly) easy
Australia

Online Greybeard

• Jack of all trades; master of none.
  • Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #4 on: 11.04. 2016 08:52 »
Very nice! Who pushed it around? I bet your son wanted an engine.

I had a wooden buggy with pram wheels when I was a kid. I aquired a Villiers stationary engine like the one in the picture and bolted it onto my buggy. I didn't have the ability to fit a drive pulley to my pram wheel so the vehicle never ran; probably just as well; stopping would have been problematic! No pictures of the buggy I'm afraid.

Online muskrat

• Global Moderator
  • Wise & Enlightened
  • Lithgow NSW Oz
    • Shoalhaven Classic Motorcycle Club Inc
« Reply #5 on: 11.04. 2016 10:38 »
"Designed and executed by owner." Does that mean it's dead?
If I can't lean into corners I don't want it. But if someone gave me a Morgan  *grins*
Cheers
'51 A7 plunger, '57 A7SS now A10CR,  '83 CB1100F, 88 FXST .
Australia
Muskys Plunger A7

Offline duTch

• Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #6 on: 11.04. 2016 11:53 »

*ex*
Very nice! Who pushed it around? I bet your son wanted an engine.
*????*

*????* push *????*no,no,no,no push, this was a downhill racer; he was about eight, and the reigning 11/12 yo champions had an 'unbeatable' rig with big bicycle wheels- oh yeah?... first year was a no-go, the steering broke on the first downhill and took out a small family (literally)..
 Next year we went  back, and blitzed it big time over about a hundred yards/metres with a couple of terraces on the way...even on a cross slope this rig is so much fun *smile*

"Designed and executed by owner." Does that mean it's dead?
. *????*... I don't recall saying that, but no it's not completely dead- just in a bit of reluctant limbo.. *eek*

If I can't lean into corners I don't want it. But if someone gave me a Morgan  *grins*

Well funny you should say that, because his mother worked in the local library, and a few years beforehand, had one day brought home this magazine with an article in it that got my eye;
 I know you don't like 'green' stuff, but have a go at these:- it got me thinkin'...

http://www.motherearthnews.com/green-transportation/three-wheel-car-zmaz83sozraw.aspx?PageId=1
www.motherearthnews.com/green-transportation/3vg-hybrid-vehicle-zmaz83ndzale.aspx

Australia