Author Topic: Tool for engine shock absorbor sleeve nut  (Read 867 times)

Offline jachenbach

• Resident Legend
Tool for engine shock absorbor sleeve nut
« on: 05.12. 2014 01:03 »
I'm slowly finishing disassembly of an A10 engine that was out of the bike and partially disassembled. I was about to start making a tool to remove the sleeve nut which holds the crankshaft shock absorber when I remembered the tool. pictured. It's a hub nut wrench for the Dana 44 front axle on a '71 Dodge Power Wagon. Seemed like a near perfect fit and did the job nicely. Don't remember what it cost, or how available it would be in other countries, but thought it might be useful for others to know.

Offline jachenbach

• Resident Legend
Re: Tool for engine shock absorbor sleeve nut
« Reply #1 on: 11.05. 2016 01:28 »
I found my old posting of the tool I used. Didn't know another way to take it to the current question/thread, but I figured a reply should get it back out there. Hope it helps.

Offline duTch

• Ricketty Rocketty Golden Flashback
  • Wise & Enlightened
Re: Tool for engine shock absorbor sleeve nut
« Reply #2 on: 11.05. 2016 02:23 »

Seems like a good place for it anyway, but normally I copy the url address and then paste it in that '  hyper link' thingy up there^^^The one with the globe in it.

That tool likes exactly like mine, except I have a big nut welded on the back, I knew I shouldn't patented it *doh*
Started building in about 1977/8 a on average '52 A10 -built from bits 'n pieces never resto intended -maybe 'personalised'
Have a '74 850T Moto Guzzi since '92-best thing I ever bought doesn't need a kickstart 'cos it bump starts sooooooooo(mostly) easy
Australia

Offline duTch

• Ricketty Rocketty Golden Flashback
  • Wise & Enlightened
Started building in about 1977/8 a on average '52 A10 -built from bits 'n pieces never resto intended -maybe 'personalised'
Have a '74 850T Moto Guzzi since '92-best thing I ever bought doesn't need a kickstart 'cos it bump starts sooooooooo(mostly) easy
Australia