Author Topic: BSA T shirts at ASDA  (Read 1260 times)

Offline Dean

• A's Best Friend
BSA T shirts at ASDA
« on: 27.04. 2016 21:52 »
Asda are currently dong a nice looking T shirt with the BSA logo and nice pick of an A10/7. Only £8

http://direct.asda.com/george/mens/mens-t-shirt-vests/bsa-t-shirt/G005316686,default,pd.html
Never tell people your troubles. Half of them are not interested and the other half are glad you're getting what's coming to you.

Offline terryg

• Valued Contributor
    • thecarshipenterprise
Re: BSA T shirts at ASDA
« Reply #1 on: 28.04. 2016 08:23 »
Well spotted and thanks for posting.

Really curious about what made the Asda stock buyer choose this design.  All here are committed BSA fans but you  can hardly argue that interest in the company is 'mainstream'. Perhaps I've missed a recent increase in public interest and appreciation.
Terry
'57 'SR', '59 SR, '63 RGS

Online Butch (cb)

• Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #2 on: 28.04. 2016 09:42 »
Yeah good spot. I think it is down to 'old skool', old stuff, hipster trending, but not to be sniffed at when it produces a result.

Sadly I'm old school enough to want the sleeves of a t shirt to be long enough to hit the crook of my elbow, and that has not been the fashion for a very long time now.
Warning - observations made by this member have a 93% unreliability rating.

Of Bikes; various, including ...
'58 Iron Head Flash Bitza

Online bsa-bill

• Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #3 on: 28.04. 2016 10:12 »
Nice one, looks like it's online only though, I'm going into Berwick in half an hour I'll pop into Asda and see if they carry them in stock.

On a similar theme did we ever agree a forum logo?, it's just my nephew is producing Printed Tee's and said postage anywhere was no problem and they are good quality, good price, (got one for Xmas).
If there's interest I'll post a pice of mine and details.

PS Bob I got your message thanks I'll get back to you soon, have been meaning to for some time, goto go
All the best - Bill
1961 Flash - stock, reliable, steady, fantastic for shopping
1959 Rocket Gold Flash - blinged and tarted up  would have seizure if taken to  Tesco

Offline Joolstacho

• Resident Legend
« Reply #4 on: 28.04. 2016 10:41 »
Wot's ASDA?
 *shh*

Online Greybeard

• Jack of all trades; master of none.
  • Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #5 on: 28.04. 2016 12:08 »
On a similar theme did we ever agree a forum logo?, it's just my nephew is producing Printed Tee's and said postage anywhere was no problem and they are good quality, good price, (got one for Xmas).
I've just ordered this to wear at BSAOC meets. I'd like to know if I'm speaking to another forum member.
It would be good to have a strong logo for the forum.

Offline Topdad

• bob hebdon
  • Wise & Enlightened
  • l
« Reply #6 on: 28.04. 2016 12:55 »
And for any members wishing to remain anonymous could use :-   " I am Sparticus " of the ......etc  *whistle*
Seriously ,that looks could you send me details GB, many thanks Bob
" rules are made for the guidance of wise men and the blind obediance of fools"
United Kingdom

Offline Joolstacho

• Resident Legend
« Reply #7 on: 28.04. 2016 13:36 »
Surely the logo would have to be an image of the timing cover, with the piled arms of course, (and maybe with a little seep of oil)?

Online Greybeard

• Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #8 on: 28.04. 2016 15:07 »
...that looks could you send me details GB...
My Tee shirt was ordered from Vistaprint: http://www.vistaprint.co.uk/t-shirts.aspx?xnav=Breadcrumbs
I'll let you know if it is any good when it arrives.

Online muskrat

• Global Moderator
  • Wise & Enlightened
  • Lithgow NSW Oz
    • Shoalhaven Classic Motorcycle Club Inc
« Reply #9 on: 28.04. 2016 15:37 »
There was a topic on that about a year back. http://www.a7a10.net/forum/index.php?topic=9380.0
Time has been my enemy since I became secretary of my club {(before that I was only the Pres) out of the frying pan into the fire}.
'51 A7 plunger, '57 A7SS now A10CR,  '83 CB1100F, 88 FXST .
Australia
Muskys Plunger A7

Online Greybeard

• Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #10 on: 28.04. 2016 15:41 »
Or...on a black shirt

Offline Dean

• A's Best Friend
« Reply #11 on: 28.04. 2016 15:45 »
Nice one, looks like it's online only though, I'm going into Berwick in half an hour I'll pop into Asda and see if they carry them in stock.

PS Bob I got your message thanks I'll get back to you soon, have been meaning to for some time, goto go

Bill they are in the shops, that's where I came across them. I ashamedly admit that I buy their dirt cheap jeans cos whenever I have wear new pants I end up in the garage wiping oily hands on them instinctively even though I only went in there check the doors locked *roll*
Never tell people your troubles. Half of them are not interested and the other half are glad you're getting what's coming to you.

Online RichardL

• Outside Chicago, IL
  • Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #12 on: 28.04. 2016 15:52 »
I've just ordered this to wear at BSAOC meets. I'd like to know if I'm speaking to another forum member.
It would be good to have a strong logo for the forum.

Your shirt will be helpful, particularly if you are using a little "Touch of Gray", as in this earlier picture of you.

Plan on signing up for the world-wide 2020 DISTINGUISHED GENTLEMAN'S RIDEon September 27, 2020. This year it's a solo or pillion ride in dapper attire. Watch website at https://www.gentlemansride.com for details.

Online Greybeard

• Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #13 on: 28.04. 2016 16:14 »
Your shirt will be helpful, particularly if you are using a little "Touch of Gray", as in this earlier picture of you.
Shucks, I wasn't going to mention that photo shoot!

Online bsa-bill

• Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #14 on: 28.04. 2016 17:59 »
Bill they are in the shops

Hi Dean, their not in the Berwick branch but some of the other ones were, looks like I'll get it on line.
Totally agree about the jeans, I get mine there, how wrong can you go at two for a tenner and don't look like they've had beach thrown over them, dragged along a road and been slashed so your knees pop through, although Bramble our Border terrier is doing a pretty good job of fraying the bottoms  *smile*
All the best - Bill
1961 Flash - stock, reliable, steady, fantastic for shopping
1959 Rocket Gold Flash - blinged and tarted up  would have seizure if taken to  Tesco