Author Topic: Just whining  (Read 400 times)

Offline jachenbach

• Resident Legend
Just whining
« on: 17.05. 2016 22:58 »
Got a little too rambunctious on a  Honda Trail 90 the other day and broke a finger. Makes typing a challenge! Have to keep splint on it for 4 weeks, so I hope my riding gloves fit.  Finally got a break from working on cars long enough to get the Norton up for a short test ride. Runs well, but a couple oil leaks to fix. Got the clutch installed on the A10 and painted the oil tank. Need to go through my boxes of junk to see what I have to mount it. Scrambling to get the heavier jobs done (pull the engine from the XT500 for a top end job and swap engines in the Velocette) before shoulder surgery next week. Don't expect to be doing much heavy work for a while, so trying to get set up for lighter stuff I can finish one-handed. Hopefully won't miss more than a couple weeks of riding weather.

Online RichardL

• Outside Chicago, IL
  • Wise & Enlightened
Re: Just whining
« Reply #1 on: 17.05. 2016 23:16 »
I'll forego the obvious joke (kinda  *whistle*) and ask if the shoulder surgery is needed due to the same accident that broke the finger? Anyway, best of luck with that. Pity it all comes at the start of riding season. I didn't check the weather in Idaho, but assume it is still a bit cold.

Richard L
Plan on signing up for the world-wide 2020 DISTINGUISHED GENTLEMAN'S RIDEon September 27, 2020. This year it's a solo or pillion ride in dapper attire. Watch website at https://www.gentlemansride.com for details.

Offline jachenbach

• Resident Legend
« Reply #2 on: 18.05. 2016 01:41 »
No, the shoulder has been worsening for years. Finally got to where I said let's fix it. Doc says no restrictions other than my own pain threshold, so I'm hoping to be riding a few weeks after. I still think it's rather funny that with all the miles I've put on "real" bikes I dumped a Trail 90. I was winding it out down the dirt road in third gear (maybe 20mph) and caught a nasty washout in a curve just as I was downshifting. Forks instantly folded left and planted me in the dirt. Of course, being on "only a Trail 90" I had no protective gear (jeans, sneakers, and t-shirt). If you're going to be stupid, you'd better be tough!!!!

Offline Topdad

• bob hebdon
  • Wise & Enlightened
  • l
« Reply #3 on: 18.05. 2016 10:38 »
Hope the surgery goes well ,re your off I always think these things sometimes happen to remind us we're not really in charge despite us thinking otherwise.By the way  I like RAMBUCTIOUS that's a cracking word I've not heard since leo Mckern died ( Rumpole of the Bailey series on british TV late 70's ) best of luck
" rules are made for the guidance of wise men and the blind obediance of fools"
United Kingdom

Online muskrat

• Global Moderator
  • Wise & Enlightened
  • Lithgow NSW Oz
    • Shoalhaven Classic Motorcycle Club Inc
« Reply #4 on: 18.05. 2016 12:44 »
Yes we don't bounce like we used to and the older we get the faster we were.
hope the opp goes well.
Cheers
'51 A7 plunger, '57 A7SS now A10CR,  '83 CB1100F, 88 FXST .
Australia
Muskys Plunger A7

Offline nimrod650

• Valued Contributor
« Reply #5 on: 18.05. 2016 20:01 »
No, the shoulder has been worsening for years. Finally got to where I said let's fix it. Doc says no restrictions other than my own pain threshold, so I'm hoping to be riding a few weeks after. I still think it's rather funny that with all the miles I've put on "real" bikes I dumped a Trail 90. I was winding it out down the dirt road in third gear (maybe 20mph) and caught a nasty washout in a curve just as I was downshifting. Forks instantly folded left and planted me in the dirt. Of course, being on "only a Trail 90" I had no protective gear (jeans, sneakers, and t-shirt). If you're going to be stupid, you'd better be tough!could have been worse it might have been your new forum t-shirt *smile*

Online morris

• Wise & Enlightened
  • Antwerp, Belgium
« Reply #6 on: 18.05. 2016 21:04 »
rambunctious

I want that printed in large on the back of the forum t-shirt!

Scrambling to get the heavier jobs done (pull the engine from the XT500 for a top end job and swap engines in the Velocette) before shoulder surgery next week. Don't expect to be doing much heavy work for a while, so trying to get set up for lighter stuff I can finish one-handed. Hopefully won't miss more than a couple weeks of riding weather.
Just pay attention to what the nurse says, and you'll be up and riding again in no time *good3*

'58 BSA A 10 SA
'52 BSA A 10 Plunger
'55 MORRIS ISIS
The world looks better from a motorbike
Belgium