Author Topic: BSA Open Day rally  (Read 764 times)

Online Greybeard

• Jack of all trades; master of none.
  • Wise & Enlightened
Re: BSA Open Day rally
« Reply #15 on: 30.05. 2016 16:49 »
A10's; Angus and mine

Online Greybeard

• Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #16 on: 30.05. 2016 16:52 »
Thanks for posting those very interesting pictures. Great to see so many A7 and A10s out to play.
By the time I left there were a lot more bikes and plenty of non BSA's as well.
I think it's amusing how the tendency is to take photos of these from the right side. I guess that's because of the unique and impressive timing cover which, some might say, is the defacto symbol for our bikes. *whistle*  *smile*

Yeh, yeh, blah blah!  ;)

Online Greybeard

• Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #17 on: 30.05. 2016 16:54 »
Cuteness overload.  *smile*

Online Angus

• Suffolk, UK
  • Resident Legend
  • The A7
« Reply #18 on: 30.05. 2016 19:03 »
Thanks for posting those Greybread, I just get frustrated with how something simple like posting 28 pictures to the forum became more complicated the longer I tried to do it (ps the forum is great its me).
Luke manage to have an off on the way home on the A7, he is fine and the bike has one damaged rubber and some light scuff marks on the front mudguard and nacelle (will check more tomorrow). If they were paint they would polish out but not sure as I think they are stove enamelled.
1961 A7 since 1976
1960 A10 Gold Flash Super Profile Bike
1958 Matchless G80 Project
1952 Norton Model 7 Plunger
1950 T100

Online Greybeard

• Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #19 on: 30.05. 2016 19:17 »
Thanks for posting those Greybread, I just get frustrated with how something simple like posting 28 pictures to the forum became more complicated the longer I tried to do it (ps the forum is great its me).
Luke manage to have an off on the way home on the A7, he is fine and the bike has one damaged rubber and some light scuff marks on the front mudguard and nacelle (will check more tomorrow). If they were paint they would polish out but not sure as I think they are stove enamelled.
Bugger! Shame about the bike. I'm glad Luke is ok.

I use Adobe Photoshop Elements, (I got a copy free with a scanner) and Googles Picasa to process images.

Offline Beezageezauk

• N.E. England
  • Resident Legend
« Reply #20 on: 30.05. 2016 20:20 »
Hey, It was great to meet up with you guys at the Open Day and Rally.  I think we all enjoyed it.

Sorry to hear about Luke but at the same time, pleased to learn that he is ok.  Fortunately the bike is not too badly damaged and I presume it's still rideable?

I arrived home about 3pm today so I'm going to attempt to post some images as and when time allows.......hopefully tomorrow.

Beezageezauk.

Offline Beezageezauk

• N.E. England
  • Resident Legend
BSA Owners' Club Open Day Images
« Reply #21 on: 31.05. 2016 19:11 »
Ok, it's been stated that a picture paints a thousand works so by uploading a few images of the BSAOC Open Day and Rally, this should save a lot of time:-

Happy viewing......happier riding,

Beezageezauk.

Offline jachenbach

• Resident Legend
« Reply #22 on: 08.06. 2016 04:11 »
Thanks for the pictures, guys. That is probably more beautiful pre-unit BSAs than I'll see in my lifetime here in the USA.

Online RichardL

• Outside Chicago, IL
  • Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #23 on: 08.06. 2016 13:44 »
Thanks for the pictures, guys. That is probably more beautiful pre-unit BSAs than I'll see in my lifetime here in the USA.

Funny you say that. I've lived in suburban Chicago for 24 years and worked in downtown Chicago for 22 of them. During that time I have never seen another A10 or A7 on the road. Yes, if I went somewhere like a show, I would see them, but never by coincidence. Even then, in a local vintage bike show I've attended three times and shown twice, I had the sole A7/A10 present.

Richard L.
Plan on signing up for the world-wide 2020 DISTINGUISHED GENTLEMAN'S RIDEon September 27, 2020 (if it's not cancelled and we are free to move about by then). Watch website at https://www.gentlemansride.com for details.