Author Topic: other projects  (Read 1251 times)

Online Joolstacho

• Wise & Enlightened
Re: other projects
« Reply #15 on: 25.06. 2016 09:30 »
Not at all exotic, but just a great little Trials bike from 1975. A Sammy Miller equipped TY 175 Yammie.
Found for a song, just fettled it and found and fitted the correct carb (the one on it had the slide with the cutaway to the engine side!
Hah, no wonder it didn't run too well). Goes a treat now, even if the rider is a little less than optimal !!!

Offline polly

• A's Good Friend
« Reply #16 on: 25.06. 2016 15:08 »
It has really rained here in London area .
So today was everybody cleaning out there garages that flooded.
The guy I got this a10 off of pulled this little baby out of the back of his garage..A future project for me Im thinking......

Offline worntorn

• Valued Contributor
« Reply #17 on: 25.06. 2016 15:48 »
I built the rolling chassis for this bike 4 years ago, rode it for a year with a standard Vin engine borrowed from the Rapide. I decided it was worth building a new engine for and started assembling parts. Got a bit carried away with the new engine, its 1360 cc,  10.5  to one with Terry Prince squish heads, bathtub combustion chamber, D type exhaust ports, 41 mm Dellorto pumper carbs, high performance cams etc.
Dry weight of the bike is 348 lbs.
Biggest challenge is kick starting it now that my right knee is giving trouble. An estart may be the next project.

Glen

Offline nimrod650

• Valued Contributor
« Reply #18 on: 25.06. 2016 18:38 »
I built the rolling chassis for this bike 4 years ago, rode it for a year with a standard Vin engine borrowed from the Rapide. I decided it was worth building a new engine for and started assembling parts. Got a bit carried away with the new engine, its 1360 cc,  10.5  to one with Terry Prince squish heads, bathtub combustion chamber, D type exhaust ports, 41 mm Dellorto pumper carbs, high performance cams etc.
Biggest challenge is kick starting it now that my right knee is giving trouble. An estart may be the next project.

Glen

Glen
now thats a project what a beast

Offline nimrod650

• Valued Contributor
« Reply #19 on: 25.06. 2016 20:54 »
Biggest challenge is kick starting it now that my right knee is giving trouble. An estart may be the next project. is the frame stainless

Glen

Offline Manx71

• Moving Up
« Reply #20 on: 19.07. 2016 22:42 »
I havn`t posted on the forum for a while, simply because my A10 is chuffing around just fine. I think I need to address some small issues in the Winter months but as she stands im realy happy.

In two weeks time I will be riding to our national scooter rally on my 1960 Lambretta li150. The rally is in Trondheim which is a 982km jaunt each way so ive been using a bit of time on that.
Changed clutch plates, reed petals and a New (hopefully) more comfotable seat along with new piston rings and a New rear tyre. Went for 50km ride today and all seems fine, touch wood!

I have also started on my Honda NX650 Dominator build.

This thing is being built for riding on gravel roads and the beaches. First off I have built a 19inch front wheel, fit an aftermarked pipe and re-jet. New mudguards,front light, handlebars and lowering the rear by a couple of cm`s and loads of other little jobs like cutting and rewelding of the rear frame. Hopefully should be finished enough so I can ride it and sort out niggles before winter comes and it gets fully stripped and repainted.

Rob

Norway - Søgne

Honda Dominator NX650
1960 Lambretta Li150
1969 Lambretta Luna
1960 A10 swinger