Author Topic: Ebay seller plugging up the works  (Read 962 times)

Offline Kickaha

• A's Best Friend
Re: Ebay seller plugging up the works
« Reply #15 on: 18.06. 2016 09:58 »
hi guys, Kickaha with reference to `NZ Post` set up, is G.S.T. charged on the goods,cheers
Haven't been hit with it yet, currently it is only goods over $400 you get charged gst for although there a bit of "luck of the draw" as to whether that actually happens

Youshop normally ask for a parcel value before they get shipped
1955 BSA Gold Flash
New Zealand

Offline nimrod650

• Valued Contributor
« Reply #16 on: 19.06. 2016 18:52 »
he has been trying to sell a very nice rocket scrambler for weeks i think its now in bits looking at his adds but hey the blokes making a living and not forcing anyone to buy people will buy on ebay rather than going to auto jumbles which involves time and money on travel and you may not find what you want i placed a free wanted add for a pair of fork sliders for 8in s/sided brake some  7 weeks ago a guy replied saying he had a pair and said if i could wait he was visiting a niece in my home town on his way to olivers mount races and he would drop them off on the saturday which was  yesterday he had a pair of powder coated legs with as new chrome oil  seal holders stanchions and springs  complete ready to fit a pair of spare legs a  rear brake plate for full width hub and a new pair of  brake shoes in a box £35 the lot there are still bargains and nice people out there

Online bsa-bill

• Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #17 on: 17.01. 2018 13:49 »
Multiple entries on Ebay annoy me this was/inserted over 100 times and do they ever look to check what they put for a price
And where is the item number these days (I do need new glasses, in case it's there and I missed it)

All the best - Bill
1961 Flash - stock, reliable, steady, fantastic for shopping
1959 Rocket Gold Flash - blinged and tarted up  would have seizure if taken to  Tesco

Offline dave55

• A's Best Friend
« Reply #18 on: 17.01. 2018 14:21 »
Hi Bill the item number is lower down the page than picture shows , its in very small print on right hand side in the item specifics usually. That's a hell of a price for a battery 390quids  *eek* Cheers Dave
BSA Bantam D7 175  1961
BSA A10 650 Golden Flash 1955 Plunger
Suzuki GSX1400 2003

Online RoyC

• Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #19 on: 17.01. 2018 14:53 »
That's a hell of a price for a battery 390quid  *eek* Cheers Dave
Must be a gudun.
My bike is a 1958 A7SS
Staffordshire UK

Online bsa-bill

• Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #20 on: 17.01. 2018 14:56 »
Hi Bill the item number is lower down the page than picture shows

Cheers Dave - (not that I'm buying at that price)  but further proof of a visit to an optitian
All the best - Bill
1959 Rocket Gold Flash - blinged and tarted up  would have seizure if taken to  Tesco

Offline RogerSB

• 1960 Golden Flash, Plymouth, Devon, England
  • Resident Legend
« Reply #21 on: 17.01. 2018 16:20 »
Hi all,

Re the battery. I don't know if it's the case here but at one time I queried a silly price someone was asking. Thinking the seller had mistakenly added extra naughts on the price and I was helping them by pointing it out. The reply I received was that he had no stock for that item at the moment and to keep his adverts live on eBay he changes the price to a rediculously high price knowing nobody will buy it. When he has stock again he changes the prices back again.

I know listings can be saved for another time but I suppose just changing the prices on a live listing is another way to save having to relist the item and then having to pay a new listing fee  *sad2* .  Sellers can be crafty . . . and there's always a chance ;) *smile* *smile* *smile* .

Could be the case here.

1960 Golden Flash

Online bsa-bill

• Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #22 on: 17.01. 2018 17:45 »
changing the prices on a live listing is another way to save having to relist the item

Long time since I listed anything RogerSB, good explanation though, there's probably a reason for the 100 + listings also
All the best - Bill

Online muskrat

• Global Moderator
  • Wise & Enlightened
  • Lithgow NSW Oz
    • Shoalhaven Classic Motorcycle Club Inc
« Reply #23 on: 17.01. 2018 19:40 »
The battery will fit a hundred + bikes so he listed for all of them. I quite often see pages of the same part, sometimes in three languages.
Cheers
'51 A7 plunger, '57 A7SS now A10CR,  '83 CB1100F, 88 FXST .
Australia
Muskys Plunger A7