Author Topic: primary case spacer  (Read 1779 times)

Offline chaterlea25

• Wise & Enlightened
Re: primary case spacer
« Reply #15 on: 05.07. 2016 13:13 »
Hi Ellis,
AHA!!!!
THe way I understood it is the thrust washer was added to SRM's shaft adaptor to take advantage of the later design where the spring pressure is not taken by the lip on the inner drum, and adding a further friction area for the innermost plain plate

If theres a lip on the inner drum then its a plain plate first and the clutch is working to the original design
and not like the triumph and A65 setup where theres no lip on the inner drum
(then whats the point of the thrust washer??)

In my post linked earlier I machined out the centre of a friction plate so it would fit over the lip and filed the chainwheel slots deeper so the friction plate sits against its inner face

John

1961 Super Rocket
1963 RGS (ongoing)

Offline ellis

• Valued Contributor
« Reply #16 on: 05.07. 2016 20:46 »
Thanks' chaterlea 25

All clear now and thanks again for all your input, it makes working on the a10 all the more interesting. Not like my GL1800. Just keep putting fuel in and it just keeps going, no breakdowns /no adjustments needed but it does get a bit boring with no mechanical things to tinker with.

Cheers ELLIS

Online Greybeard

• Jack of all trades; master of none.
  • Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #17 on: 05.07. 2016 21:27 »
Thanks' chaterlea 25

All clear now and thanks again for all your input, it makes working on the a10 all the more interesting. Not like my GL1800. Just keep putting fuel in and it just keeps going, no breakdowns /no adjustments needed but it does get a bit boring with no mechanical things to tinker with.

Cheers ELLIS

Mmm, boring!  *smile*
Greybeard (Neil)
2023 Gold Star
Supporter of THE DISTINGUISHED GENTLEMAN'S RIDE https://www.gentlemansride.com

Warwickshire UK

A Distinguished Gentleman Riding his 1955 Plunger Golden Flash