Author Topic: Found  (Read 518 times)

Offline Greybeard

• Jack of all trades; master of none.
  • Wise & Enlightened
Found
« on: 02.07. 2016 10:23 »
While travelling back from last weekend's BSAOC camp I pulled off the road into a lay-by to give my posterior a rest. I was gobsmacked to see this laying on the ground.

Online Triton Thrasher

• Scotland
  • Wise & Enlightened
Re: Found
« Reply #1 on: 02.07. 2016 11:41 »
It's finders keepers when it comes to spare part flotsam at the roadside.

Offline Greybeard

• Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #2 on: 02.07. 2016 12:00 »
When I was working I cycled to work. The number of tools I found laying in the edge of the road was amazing!

Offline duTch

• Ricketty Rocketty Golden Flashback
  • Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #3 on: 02.07. 2016 13:24 »

Strange thing to find in a rest stop- maybe someone had an issue and forgot to put it back on *dunno*

Is it the same as yours or does it have the pointy bit on the bottom?

I've found some interesting stuff on the roads too, some handy, some maybe not *eek*
Started building in about 1977/8 a on average '52 A10 -built from bits 'n pieces never resto intended -maybe 'personalised'
Have a '74 850T Moto Guzzi since '92-best thing I ever bought doesn't need a kickstart 'cos it bump starts sooooooooo(mostly) easy
Australia

Offline Greybeard

• Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #4 on: 02.07. 2016 16:45 »
Appears to be the same as mine. The white insert at the bottom is missing. There were no screws near it so I reckon it just fell off as the machine drove past.

Online RichardL

• Outside Chicago, IL
  • Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #5 on: 02.07. 2016 17:14 »
While travelling back from last weekend's BSAOC camp I pulled off the road into a lay-by to give my posterior a rest. I was gobsmacked to see this laying on the ground.

Wow, I knew I should have put Loctite on those screws. They must have loosened-up on the ride from the port in Bristol to the South Derbyshire campsite, finally falling out completely on the ride back. What luck that it was found by a forum member.

Richard L.

....................................................................................
....................................................................................
....................................................................................uhhh,  ;) >:D
Plan on signing up for the world-wide 2020 DISTINGUISHED GENTLEMAN'S RIDEon September 27, 2020 (if it's not cancelled and we are free to move about by then). Watch website at https://www.gentlemansride.com for details.

Offline Greybeard

• Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #6 on: 02.07. 2016 20:55 »
Wow, I knew I should have put Loctite on those screws. They must have loosened-up on the ride from the port in Bristol to the South Derbyshire campsite, finally falling out completely on the ride back. What luck that it was found by a forum member...

Well, if you'd been wearing your Forum tee-shirt I would have recognised you!

You must surely, (don't call me Shirley) have won the Longest Distance Travelled award.

Shall I post your rear lamp lens back to you?

Online edboy

• Valued Contributor
« Reply #7 on: 02.07. 2016 21:22 »
greybeard, go back and search properly for the white insert.  they rarely appear on ebay and you know you wont sleep properly until you ve found it.

Online RichardL

• Outside Chicago, IL
  • Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #8 on: 02.07. 2016 23:01 »

You must surely, (don't call me Shirley) have won the Longest Distance Travelled award.

Shall I post your rear lamp lens back to you?

If this is a dry humor contest and you actually believe I was there, l win, otherwise, you win.

Richard L.
Plan on signing up for the world-wide 2020 DISTINGUISHED GENTLEMAN'S RIDEon September 27, 2020 (if it's not cancelled and we are free to move about by then). Watch website at https://www.gentlemansride.com for details.

Offline duTch

• Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #9 on: 03.07. 2016 05:40 »

I wonder if there was a alloy dynamo end cap and screw nearby too  *smile*
Started building in about 1977/8 a on average '52 A10 -built from bits 'n pieces never resto intended -maybe 'personalised'
Have a '74 850T Moto Guzzi since '92-best thing I ever bought doesn't need a kickstart 'cos it bump starts sooooooooo(mostly) easy
Australia

Online RichardL

• Outside Chicago, IL
  • Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #10 on: 03.07. 2016 14:38 »

I wonder if there was a alloy dynamo end cap and screw nearby too  *smile*

ROFLMAO!!!

Offline duTch

• Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #11 on: 04.07. 2016 12:29 »

Maybe in addition you may come across a few other things;- A host of inanimate objects (Can o' Beans, Dirty Sock, Spoon, Painted Stick and Conch Shell)
  *smile* *????*
Australia

Offline nimrod650

• Valued Contributor
« Reply #12 on: 12.07. 2016 20:42 »
When I was working I cycled to work. The number of tools I found laying in the edge of the road was amazing!
noticed on a country road what looked like a pen knife lying in the gutter turned round went back it was a large set off snap-on feeler gauges some fitter must have left them under a car bonnet *smile*

Online beezermacc

• Wise & Enlightened
  • Not for the purist!
    • Priory Magnetos Ltd.
« Reply #13 on: 12.07. 2016 23:45 »
Genuine Lucas L564 or pattern Wassells?
Priory Magnetos Ltd - A10 spares, magneto and dynamo refurbs. www.priorymagnetos.co.uk

Offline Greybeard

• Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #14 on: 13.07. 2016 08:46 »
Genuine Lucas L564 or pattern Wassells?
Looks like a new item to me.