Author Topic: Request for help on two parts sizes  (Read 668 times)

Offline bakerlonglegs

• A's Good Friend
Request for help on two parts sizes
« on: 05.07. 2016 09:22 »
Hi,
I've almost finished gathering together all the parts I need for the first dry build of my project A10.  It was bought in a collection of boxes will almost all of the nuts, bolts and washers missing. I'm now down to just two missing part numbers which none of the suppliers can provide.  Please could anyone help me with guidance on the following:

Centre stand pin castle nut (2 needed) 21-431 (plate 4, item 67) - what size nut is that?

Rear wheel hub collar (L/H) 67-6078 (plate 7, item 12) - I can get one made if anyone could very kindly measure one up

Thanks very much!   *smile*

Offline duTch

• Ricketty Rocketty Golden Flashback
  • Wise & Enlightened
Re: Request for help on two parts sizes
« Reply #1 on: 05.07. 2016 10:38 »

Wasn't too sure what bike it is but sounded familiar; a search result for the 21-431 was Barleycorn and picture shows what appears to be a fine thread and without pulling mine off in the dark, I say it's 3/8 BSC

Maybe not much help for originality, but the collar 67-6078 is a square section, but don't remember the exact measurement, but think it's ~5/16" wide (it's critical), the ID sliding fit on the axle stub, OD just smaller than the chainwheel hole.

Sorry I can't help more than that without pulling mine apart *eek*
Started building in about 1977/8 a on average '52 A10 -built from bits 'n pieces never resto intended -maybe 'personalised'
Have a '74 850T Moto Guzzi since '92-best thing I ever bought doesn't need a kickstart 'cos it bump starts sooooooooo(mostly) easy
Australia

Offline duTch

• Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #2 on: 06.07. 2016 03:36 »

Subsequent thought that from memory  *eek*, I didn't think the C/stand bolts/nuts were as fine as BSC, they
 may be another of the few BSF items we have. I can have a look if I'm back at the ranch before dark
Started building in about 1977/8 a on average '52 A10 -built from bits 'n pieces never resto intended -maybe 'personalised'
Have a '74 850T Moto Guzzi since '92-best thing I ever bought doesn't need a kickstart 'cos it bump starts sooooooooo(mostly) easy
Australia

Online RichardL

• Outside Chicago, IL
  • Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #3 on: 06.07. 2016 04:23 »
Per Stainless Bits, 21-431 is 3/8-26 CEI. Apparently available from Barleycorn, as Dutch mentions.

67-6078 seems to be available cheap from Rabers.com

Sorry for being redundant if you have already seen these references.

Richard L.

Offline duTch

• Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #4 on: 06.07. 2016 07:10 »

So we were blown off the job,  so back early.
 Out of curiosity I pulled the nut off my stand for a bo-peep...I'm a bit short on 3/8 spare BSC/CEI bolts or nuts so went straight to the BSF/Unbrako Socket heads I was using for head studs until I learned otherwise, and it screwed straight on; 3/8" x 20 TPI =BSF.
  By all appearances the stand  bolts are original (they were in situ when I bought the frame),  but I'll let you work it from there?

Australia

Online RichardL

• Outside Chicago, IL
  • Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #5 on: 06.07. 2016 14:09 »
Sorry, but I can't explain why the Stainless Bits list says 26 TPI. To me, the threads in the Barleycorn picture seem like 26. I'm just doing online research, so I'm not going to say anything as being "for certain" here, for fear of being sent to the corner again.

Richard L.

PS - Also showing 26 in this list. http://www.britishonly.com/webcatalog/NEWPRICES.txt

Offline duTch

• Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #6 on: 06.07. 2016 19:35 »
Sorry, but I can't explain why the Stainless Bits list says 26 TPI. To me, the threads in the Barleycorn picture seem like 26. I'm just doing online research, so I'm not going to say anything as being "for certain" here, for fear of being sent to the corner again.

Don't panic  Richard *smile*, I'm not saying you're wrong, just saying what mine are and something may have changed along the line. *dunno*

Australia

Offline bakerlonglegs

• A's Good Friend
« Reply #7 on: 09.07. 2016 12:09 »
Guys, thanks very much for the advice - that's got me sorted. Parts will be ordered from Barleycorn & Rabers. 

Cheers!  *smile*