Author Topic: CPC Engineering UK - recommended  (Read 2988 times)

Offline Clive54bsa

• A's Good Friend
  • Orange SoCal
Re: CPC Engineering UK - recommended
« Reply #15 on: 24.09. 2017 19:17 »
This parts idea has been floated a couple of times in the BSAOC I belong to, but it's the same old problem, someone has to run it. If you are lucky enough to find a volunteer, it will be their job for life, just as most other positions in most clubs. No one will step up and take over.

'54 GF,  '61 SR

Offline RoyC

• Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #16 on: 25.09. 2017 06:50 »
I have had to return stuff to CPC. Spindle nut for A7 was too tight, A7 front spindle was too long, rear spindle I could only use half of it because the bearing was too loose . I will no longer buy stuff from CPC, too much trouble to return items that don't fit.
Roy.
Did you tell them about the problems?

I did tell them and they sent out another nut.
The rear spindle, I just used my old part with the long part of theirs and both nuts.
The front spindle, I told them it was not for A7 and sent it back.
I just got tired of returning stuff to them.
My bike is a 1958 A7SS
Staffordshire UK

Offline bl**dydrivers

• Valued Contributor
« Reply #17 on: 25.01. 2018 00:19 »
I’ve been waiting patiently for a custom order since April last year (1960-62 A10 engine and transmission plate bolts) and still waiting. Purchased a stainless rockerbox steady kit in September last year, did not receive it until now and that’s because I purchased a stainless rear mudguard bracket through eBay requesting them to send me the rockerbox steady also.

Unfortunately, they’re not reliable, they don’t see projects through to the end, have to keep chasing them and now not responding. I would have appreciated a response, telling me they’re unable to do it versus they can and leave me hanging.

Online Greybeard

• Jack of all trades; master of none.
  • Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #18 on: 25.01. 2018 08:55 »
I've sent CPC a link to this thread in case they wish to respond.
Greybeard (Neil)
2023 Gold Star
Supporter of THE DISTINGUISHED GENTLEMAN'S RIDE https://www.gentlemansride.com

Warwickshire UK

A Distinguished Gentleman Riding his 1955 Plunger Golden Flash

Offline CPC Engineering

• Active
    • CPC Engineering
« Reply #19 on: 25.01. 2018 23:02 »
Good evening everyone,

First of all, thank you Greybeard for sending me the link to the page. I have not been a member of the forum up till now as with running the workshops, building the website,  answering emails, calls etc leaves me very little time to look let alone contribute.

after reading the post I want to say thank you for the kind words of most and apologise to RoyC and bl**dydrivers for the experience they have had. Since I started the company there has been a steep learning curve and I am constantly doing everything I can to help improve our customer's experience.

Roy I must say I wish you had told us of the other problems or at least gave me the chance to fix this with you. Of the 17 items, you had from us the only message other than the "tight nut" that was replaced was the "front wheel spindle is too long" and you requested a refund through eBay making my hands tied.

We used to make all of our parts to very tight tolerances, despite each and every part being check by a thread gauges etc, we found that many parts due to the manufacturing tolerances of BSA we needed to "slacken off" as we found the odd part was "to tight". we were always more than happy to replace and cover any costs.

bl**dydrivers I am sorry if I have upset it was never my intent, as your emails where "don't worry, no rush" I didn't realise how you felt about things. I would never, not respond and haven't received a message from you since the 28/11.
As you have requested about 40 parts that we don't make, it's not a quick process to make them.
For each part I have to find an original or to find the relevant information, design, make jigs, press tools etc to produce the part, program the CNC machines, produce the part before getting on to tweaks and testing as I mention in my past emails I am working on the last few of your parts as fast as I can. I will send you an email tomorrow with regard to your parts etc.

Kind regards
Chris

Offline RoyC

• Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #20 on: 26.01. 2018 07:00 »
Roy I must say I wish you had told us of the other problems or at least gave me the chance to fix this with you. Of the 17 items, you had from us the only message other than the "tight nut" that was replaced was the "front wheel spindle is too long" and you requested a refund through eBay making my hands tied.
Kind regards
Chris

The A7 rear spindle diameter was too small where the bearing fitted so that instead of being a nice interference fit was loose, the bearing was just spinning on the spindle.
These are standard size bearings so no excuse for not getting that size correct.
I ended up using the two stainless nuts and my old spindle.

I just gave up, front nut, front spindle, rear spindle, all no use.

Roy.
My bike is a 1958 A7SS
Staffordshire UK

Online Greybeard

• Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #21 on: 26.01. 2018 09:32 »

Thanks for responding Chris at CPC.

Lets not polarise this matter; the CPC guys are willing to communicate and sort out issues. I'm sure CPC don't have original drawings so are copying from parts that are worn. If you feel you have been waiting too long get in touch.
Greybeard (Neil)
2023 Gold Star

Warwickshire UK

Online Greybeard

• Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #22 on: 27.01. 2018 11:46 »
bl**dydrivers; have you been able to get a resolution to your issues with CPC?
Greybeard (Neil)
2023 Gold Star

Warwickshire UK

Online Greybeard

• Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #23 on: 27.01. 2018 11:49 »
Small firms like CPC need us and we need them.  *good3*
Greybeard (Neil)