Author Topic: ordering from lightening spares  (Read 364 times)

Offline coater87

• Wise & Enlightened
ordering from lightening spares
« on: 16.07. 2016 14:57 »
 I guess I dont understand fully what happen when Draganfly bought lightening.

Do I order from Lightenings web site, do I order from Draganfly using lightenings part number, what is the deal? I want some nice stainless bits,  but dont even know how after the buy out.

Would really like to avoid dealing with Draganfly directly if I can. Last time she put my blood pressure somewhere near the stratosphere, and I would like to avoid that.

Lee
Central Wisconsin in the U.S.

Offline Beezageezauk

• N.E. England
  • Resident Legend
Re: ordering from lightening spares
« Reply #1 on: 16.07. 2016 18:20 »
Hi Lee, 

From what I understand Draganfly bought Lightning Spares' stock but other than that they have nothing to do with the business or the name.  I don't think you will have any alternative other than to contact Draganfly direct for any parts you need.  However, they might recognise some part numbers that Lightning Spares used but be prepared to describe exactly what you are looking for.

Good luck,

Beezageezauk

Online Greybeard

• Jack of all trades; master of none.
  • Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #2 on: 16.07. 2016 19:06 »
I want some nice stainless bits...

Why don't you contact these guys:
http://www.cpcengineering.co.uk

I've just had some really good and personal service from them.

Offline coater87

• Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #3 on: 16.07. 2016 23:21 »
 Well, thats unfortunate.

I told myself the last time that I would not order from Draganfly again unless things changed. Like the quality of parts, the ridiculous back-order system, and they got an order taker/e-mail responder with some knowledge and maybe a better attitude.

So I guess its piece-meal for me. The outfit GB mentions looks promising, Motalia, etc. I would rather deal with all the extra costs of shipping from different suppliers than deal with Draganfly at this point.

Lee
Central Wisconsin in the U.S.

Online chaterlea25

• Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #4 on: 16.07. 2016 23:30 »
Hi All,
THe most recent info I got was that drags got the stock but have just stockpiled it  *sad2*
all sitting there and nothing sorted so you can order  *ex* *ex*

WTF
John
1961 Super Rocket
1963 RGS (ongoing)

Online Greybeard

• Jack of all trades; master of none.
  • Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #5 on: 17.07. 2016 08:56 »
My experience with Draganfly was good. I bought most of my bits from them while restoring my machine. They are happy to take unused parts back later. I mostly ordered online. I had some incorrect parts sent and some dodgy cylinder head bolts but mostly very satisfied.

Online Peter in Aus

• Valued Contributor
  • South West, West Australia
« Reply #6 on: 17.07. 2016 10:26 »
My experience with Draganfly was good. I bought most of my bits from them while restoring my machine. They are happy to take unused parts back later. I mostly ordered online. I had some incorrect parts sent and some dodgy cylinder head bolts but mostly very satisfied.

<Me To, and as far as back order goes all you have to do is tick the box if you don't want it placed on back order, or if you don't want the part they cant supply just send them a E-mail to cancel it, that is what I have done and have not had a problem. *smile*
Peter

Busselton West Australia
49 A7 longstroke
58 A10  SA

Offline duTch

• Ricketty Rocketty Golden Flashback
  • Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #7 on: 17.07. 2016 11:41 »

I have to say I had a minor disagreement with Brian when I was after some parts a while ago, but the parts I received were very nice. Some were not fully compatible with bits I sourced elsewhere  *conf*, but no major complaints with L/Spares. I understand what is mooted regarding putting The Dragon in Draganfly 'receptionist attitude' though, fairly much nil care. I was sent barrel flange studs in BSF, no big deal if local, but when I had to pay extra O/S shipping with no return option, I wasn't so happy *rant*
Started building in about 1977/8 a on average '52 A10 -built from bits 'n pieces never resto intended -maybe 'personalised'
Have a '74 850T Moto Guzzi since '92-best thing I ever bought doesn't need a kickstart 'cos it bump starts sooooooooo(mostly) easy
Australia

Online Butch (cb)

• Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #8 on: 18.07. 2016 16:28 »
I've never received a single item from Draganfly that they said they had on back order for me. And that has pretty much been at least one item from any order I have placed. I tend to mostly go elsewhere these days.
Warning - observations made by this member have a 93% unreliability rating.

Of Bikes; various, including ...
'58 Iron Head Flash Bitza