Author Topic: RGS Clock brackets  (Read 398 times)

Offline a101960

• Wise & Enlightened
  • BSA RGS BSA C12
RGS Clock brackets
« on: 16.07. 2016 16:59 »
Yesterday while out riding the rev counter cable failed. Now here is the problem. Speedograph Richfield list the RGS rev counter cable as being 2' 10" in length, and for that matter that is the length that the BSA dealers that I have contacted all say that it is. Looking at the Speedograph Richfield website the same length cable is listed for the Road Rocket, Suprer Rocket, and the Spitfire. However my cable (outer) needs to be 35-36" This presents no problem because Speedograph Richfield are quite happy to make custom length cables. 2' 10" is far to short. Has anyone else had this problem? My guess is that rev counter cables are being sold as a one size fits all, except that this does not seem to work for the RGS. I assume that the 2' 10" cable is the correct length for the Road Rocket and Super Rocket because they are mounted quite a bit lower with a flat bracket. The RGS brackets are mounted further forward, and are inclined at an angle. Images sb1 and sb2 show the brakets as fitted to my RGS wich as far as I know are the correct type for an RGS. Image sb3 shows the Super / Road Rocket flat brackets. Definately there is no way that the specified 2' 10" rev counter cable will fit my bike.

Online Billybream

• Resident Legend
Re: RGS Clock brackets
« Reply #1 on: 16.07. 2016 20:24 »
Just wonder where your take off point is,  if it from the magneto and not from the oil pump you would need longer cable.
1960 Super Rocket, owned since 1966, back on the road 2012 after being laid up for 29yrs.

Offline a101960

• Wise & Enlightened
  • BSA RGS BSA C12
Re: RGS Clock brackets
« Reply #2 on: 17.07. 2016 10:31 »
Just wonder where your take off point is,  if it from the magneto and not from the oil pump you would need longer cable.
Hi Billybream. Take off point is from the oil pump which is why I am so puzzled.