Author Topic: Rocker oil feed  (Read 3325 times)

Online Joolstacho

• Wise & Enlightened
Re: Rocker oil feed
« Reply #30 on: 25.09. 2016 07:50 »
Just keep riding mate, ... What are they going to do, put you in jail? Keep RIDIN', - stuff the little mindless officious ba...  (oh I'd better not go on).

Online trevinoz

• Newcastle, N.S.W. Australia.
  • Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #31 on: 25.09. 2016 22:12 »
Which state are you in, Peter?
In N.S.W. you have to be tested at 85 but you retain your licence if you pass.

Online Peter in Aus

• Valued Contributor
  • South West, West Australia
« Reply #32 on: 26.09. 2016 05:11 »
yes Trev WA still have that law here but the IHC club along with all the locale clubs are trying to get it changed but I'm not holding my breath we have a few up top that have there head in the sand here, (after all we are known as sand gropers over here) *conf2*
You can drive a V8 Landcruser towing a 30Ft tandem caravan over 85 years of age but you cant ride a motorbike, makes no sense!
Sorry a bit of topic
Peter

Busselton West Australia
49 A7 longstroke
58 A10  SA

Offline BSA_54A10

• Wise & Enlightened
    • BSA National
« Reply #33 on: 26.09. 2016 07:48 »
Just keep riding mate, ... What are they going to do, put you in jail? Keep RIDIN', - stuff the little mindless officious ba...  (oh I'd better not go on).

That won't work in the eastern states.
The cleaver little plate camera will work out you own the bike and then it will check to find you don't hold a riders license and you will be pulled over.
To circumvent that the bike's rego needs to be transferred to some one a bit younger who does have a license.
Won't help you if you get pulled over for a random safety / breath/ drug test.
The past 3 or 4 rallies I have been to we all got tested and you are not going to outrun Mr Plod on an A10.
There was some fun at one where we all got off out bikes then milled around in a group so a couple of riders could swap bikes, but that won't work if Mr Plod has the license scanner breath test unit unless some one is a professional driver with a few non de plumes   ;).
Allowing your vehicle to be operated by an unlicensed person can lead to your bike being forfeited to the state.
This is one of the nasty little anti-bikie laws that is currently before the high court as it only applies to motor cycles.
While it has always been illegal to allow your vehicle to be used for he commitment of a crime, you used to get a fine and if the vehicle is not a motorcycle that stil applies but if it is a bike it is automatically confiscated.
Bike Beesa
Trevor

Online Peter in Aus

• Valued Contributor
  • South West, West Australia
« Reply #34 on: 26.09. 2016 10:03 »
One of the ways we got around it over here, you are aloud to get a learners permit if you are over 85 but some one has to ride with you that has a licence! how stupid can you bet? *angry*
Peter

Busselton West Australia
49 A7 longstroke
58 A10  SA