Author Topic: Hard time finding neutral  (Read 971 times)

Offline nick

• Active
Hard time finding neutral
« on: 26.09. 2016 17:04 »
So I recently picked up a 1950 a10 chopper that's bin parked since 1974. I got it running took it for a ride and found the clutch was from fried. So order a new plates. But my major problem is it is so hard to find neutral I have to find it with my hand and even at that it's really hard to find. And yes it's not in 3-4th lol. Even with the old worn out clutch it was impossible to find the  elusive neutral any help would be nice thanks in advance

Offline nick

• Active
Re: Hard time finding neutral
« Reply #1 on: 26.09. 2016 18:32 »
Okay I'm an idiot and yup I had my shift patern backwards 🙄

Online muskrat

• Global Moderator
  • Wise & Enlightened
  • Lithgow NSW Oz
    • Shoalhaven Classic Motorcycle Club Inc
« Reply #2 on: 26.09. 2016 20:59 »
 *lol* *lol* *lol* *bash*
 *welcome*
'51 A7 plunger, '57 A7SS racer now a A10CR, '78 XT500, '83 CB1100F, 88 HD FXST, 2000 CBR929RR ex Honda Australia Superbike .
Australia
Muskys Plunger A7

Offline Rocket Racer

• Wise & Enlightened
  • A kiwi with a racing A10 rig and too many projects
    • NZ Classic Sidecar Racing
« Reply #3 on: 27.09. 2016 03:49 »
Nick,
  *welcome*, is your next post adding some pictures of the chop to the introductions section for us to ogle ?

I believe with the later unit twins, BSA did add neutrals between other gears too  *whistle* but typically not on the pre and semi unit motors
Tim   
A good rider periodically checks all nuts and bolts with a spanner to see that they are tight - Instruction Manual for BSA B series, p46, para 2.
New Zealand

Offline nick

• Active
« Reply #4 on: 27.09. 2016 04:08 »
I'm not sure how to post pic on this forum. but I've got lots of pictures on my Instagram. User name nick27ga

Offline Rocket Racer

• Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #5 on: 27.09. 2016 04:23 »
I'm not sure how to post pic on this forum. but I've got lots of pictures on my Instagram. User name nick27ga

I had to google what instagram was  *shh*
managed to find it and its a nice machine  *wink2* just not convinced by the pack rack on the back.
There is a thread on adding pics, its pretty straightforward and I know we look forward to hearing more about the bike in an introduction thread  *whistle*

http://www.a7a10.net/forum/index.php?topic=427.0
A good rider periodically checks all nuts and bolts with a spanner to see that they are tight - Instruction Manual for BSA B series, p46, para 2.
New Zealand

Offline nick

• Active
« Reply #6 on: 27.09. 2016 04:29 »
Well I'm trying to not change the bike much from how it was chopped back in 62. It's kind of a tribute to the original builder who's in a care home from alcoholism. But I'll look into making an introduction post and to figure this picture posting thing haha.

Offline Rocket Racer

• Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #7 on: 27.09. 2016 04:35 »
I suspected it was a period build, very cool and I love back story to a unique machine, he may sadly be pickled but he left a legacy for us to enjoy, well mainly you...  ;)
New Zealand