Author Topic: Won't wash it again  (Read 192 times)

Offline duTch

• Ricketty Rocketty Golden Flashback
  • Wise & Enlightened
Won't wash it again
« on: 01.12. 2016 11:44 »

Today I decide I'd give the ride a wash and dispense with the residue of the assembly moly-lube from near four years ago that didn't come off last time two years ago.... (me and wash don't mix well)

Last time all went well (took it to a car wash joint) I got cleaner than the ride *conf2*, and when I went to start up, the kick-return spring busted. No big deal, just a bitch to ride back missing and farting to the Low Chaparral juggling gear changes and holding up the kick pedal....fixed it no probs

Today I was optimistic that surely nothing can go awry- crap... soon as I arrived and rolled back on the centre-stand, ! snap! friggin' spring broke....huh ? *pull hair out*

I managed to find a discarded bit of strapping in a next door industrial bin (not to be confused with a 'skip' or a 'dumpster'), and held it up for the trip back to aforesaid 'Low Chaparral'....

Moral of the story; stick yer morals up yea clakka, no more Spring-clean washes for this baby in the Summertime  *problem*

Started building in about 1977/8 a on average '52 A10 -built from bits 'n pieces never resto intended -maybe 'personalised'
Have a '74 850T Moto Guzzi since '92-best thing I ever bought doesn't need a kickstart 'cos it bump starts sooooooooo(mostly) easy
Australia

Offline Topdad

• bob hebdon
  • Wise & Enlightened
  • l
Re: Won't wash it again
« Reply #1 on: 01.12. 2016 11:58 »

Moral of the story; stick yer morals up yea clakka, no more Spring-clean washes for this baby in the Summertime  *problem*

As the chorus girl said the the vicar  ::hh::
" rules are made for the guidance of wise men and the blind obediance of fools"
United Kingdom