Author Topic: notice to Umerika  (Read 506 times)

Online muskrat

• Global Moderator
  • Wise & Enlightened
  • Lithgow NSW Oz
    • Shoalhaven Classic Motorcycle Club Inc
notice to Umerika
« on: 22.11. 2016 19:03 »
'51 A7 plunger, '57 A7SS now A10CR,  '83 CB1100F, 88 FXST .
Australia
Muskys Plunger A7

Online RichardL

• Outside Chicago, IL
  • Wise & Enlightened
Re: notice to Umerika
« Reply #1 on: 23.11. 2016 01:29 »
Could argue some of the fine points, but, overall, it might work.

Richard L.

Plan on signing up for the world-wide 2020 DISTINGUISHED GENTLEMAN'S RIDEon September 27, 2020. This year it's a solo or pillion ride in dapper attire. Watch website at https://www.gentlemansride.com for details.

beezermacc

« Reply #2 on: 23.11. 2016 10:01 »
Actually I think our friends across the pond might have got it right this time! They've appointed somebody who is not a politician to the most senior politician's role on the planet 'cos we're all sick of politicians messing everything up and feathering their own nests. Also they've appointed somebody who pretends to be a complete nutter when actually he must be quite brainy. Whereas we, in the UK, consistently appoint people who try to appear brainy but are actually nutters (apart from Jeremy Corbyn who tries and succeeds to appear to be completely out of touch with reality and who is as mad as a box of frogs but we haven't appointed him to anything important yet so I'm right). Our equivalent is Richard Branson except he is far too sensible to even dream of becoming a politician. Or is the old adage true.... 'Vote in haste, repent at leisure' (plagiarized from the adage about marriage of course) rather like ourselves and the Brexit vote...... We'll see! Had too many coffees this morning whilst waiting for the washing machine to finish. Off into the workshop in a minute to fix magnetos and unscramble head!

Online bsa-bill

• Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #3 on: 23.11. 2016 11:01 »
not quite sure about that  beezermacc, the man got to be president by blatant lying, slagging off everyone that he assumed would not vote for him, encouraging divisions in their society and making promises he has/had no intention to keep --- sounds like a pretty typical politician to me
All the best - Bill
1961 Flash - stock, reliable, steady, fantastic for shopping
1959 Rocket Gold Flash - blinged and tarted up  would have seizure if taken to  Tesco

Online Topdad

• bob hebdon
  • Wise & Enlightened
  • l
« Reply #4 on: 23.11. 2016 11:44 »
 The Bud bit must hark back to Monty Python at the Hollywood bowl,  "we find your American beer rather like making love in a canoe "   explanation   " fu8king near water "  *whistle* *beer*
well done Richard , i'll be your guide re British beer ....
" rules are made for the guidance of wise men and the blind obediance of fools"
United Kingdom

Online RichardL

• Outside Chicago, IL
  • Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #5 on: 23.11. 2016 13:46 »
With no confusion over its national identity, Guiness happens to be one of my favorites from the tap.

I'm staying away from politics here to avoid the inevitable debate amongst US members of opposing view.

Richard L.
Plan on signing up for the world-wide 2020 DISTINGUISHED GENTLEMAN'S RIDEon September 27, 2020. This year it's a solo or pillion ride in dapper attire. Watch website at https://www.gentlemansride.com for details.

Online bsa-bill

• Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #6 on: 23.11. 2016 16:36 »
I'm staying away from politics here to avoid the inevitable debate amongst US members of opposing view.

Wise man, mind you, I can recall a few heated debates over favourite beverages, in particular any with links to footie teams  *fight* *beer*
All the best - Bill
1961 Flash - stock, reliable, steady, fantastic for shopping
1959 Rocket Gold Flash - blinged and tarted up  would have seizure if taken to  Tesco

Offline jachenbach

• Resident Legend
« Reply #7 on: 23.11. 2016 22:51 »
My cousin from Ohio just brought me 4 cases of Yuengling Traditional Lager, brewed in Pottsville, PA. An Austrian I used to work with said "best beer in the world". Haven't tried them all yet, but I'm working on it.
As to politics, don't think this is the place for that discussion.

Online RichardL

• Outside Chicago, IL
  • Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #8 on: 24.11. 2016 04:15 »
Yuengling is great beer. I get it whenever I see it here in Chicagoland.

Richar

Online chaterlea25

• Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #9 on: 24.11. 2016 18:52 »
Hi All,
Getting away from the original topic and on to a much more enjoyable subject,  *beer*  *woo*

A fairly local small brewery to me is going from strength to strength with its range of beers and stouts
I will be calling there before Christmas to stock up  *smile*
http://9whitedeer.ie/wp/

The owners are of course motorcyclists  *ex*

John
1961 Super Rocket
1963 RGS (ongoing)