Author Topic: Fork shrouds...  (Read 692 times)

Offline bl**dydrivers

• Valued Contributor
Fork shrouds...
« on: 27.11. 2016 21:31 »
I'm now in the market for a pair of fork shrouds, just lost bidding on evilBay due to seller not excepting bids from USA and found out the hard way within the last 20 seconds.

Anyone know how the quality is of new production ones from Draganfly Motorcycles, C&D and or Burton Bike Bits? Avoiding Indian made items.

Offline dave55

• Valued Contributor
BSA Bantam D7 175  1961
BSA A10 650 Golden Flash 1955 Plunger
Suzuki GSX1400 2003

Offline muskrat

• Global Moderator
  • Wise & Enlightened
  • Lithgow NSW Oz
    • Shoalhaven Classic Motorcycle Club Inc
'51 A7 plunger, '57 A7SS racer now a A10CR, '78 XT500, '83 CB1100F, 88 HD FXST, 2000 CBR929RR ex Honda Australia Superbike .
Australia
Muskys Plunger A7

Offline bl**dydrivers

• Valued Contributor
Re: Fork shrouds...
« Reply #3 on: 28.11. 2016 14:18 »
They don't have any headlight ears.
Anybody read the question about the the quality of new ones?

Offline coater87

• Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #4 on: 28.11. 2016 17:28 »
They don't have any headlight ears.
Anybody read the question about the the quality of new ones?

Off the wall, but funny non the less. I started this thing back in the early 90s, and one of the first things I tried to find was fork shrouds.

No real internet, just odd-ball ads in the back of a magazine called "Hemings motor news".  Anyway, called a supplier and he gave me the name and number of a guy who might be able to get me a set.

I called, and paid by credit card over the phone. The supplier told me the gentleman who made these was well into his 80s, so it could be a couple months before I get the set. I guess he hand made them in his garage.

A few months later I got one fork shroud in the mail with a note that said he was sorry, had not been feeling well and would send the other as soon as he could.

A year went by and nothing. None of the phone numbers I had worked anymore, and I just wrote the whole thing off thinking the man might have passed.

1 years and 6 months later I got the other fork shroud out of the blue, said he had spent some time in a nursing home with a bum hip and they would not let him have any tools. *smile*

Lee
Central Wisconsin in the U.S.

Offline Jules

• Valued Contributor
  • 1956 A10 s/arm Golden Flash
« Reply #5 on: 29.11. 2016 10:09 »
great story! just goes to show "never give up" *smile*
I bought new ones (with ears) from Dragonfly (I think it was anyway, a few years ago now) and they are fine..