Author Topic: Folding kickstart woes  (Read 2135 times)

Offline BrianS

• A's Good Friend
Re: Folding kickstart woes
« Reply #15 on: 03.01. 2017 15:50 »
I have also had issues.  I found the cotter pins vary and that was my problem.  One company supplies the pin with a metric thread and imperial hex nut!  They said it was to make the threaded part stronger which I guess it does.  Also the threaded part of the cotter pin is offset to the body of the pin.  I ended getting my cotter pin from George Prew and it worked for me.  Good luck and hope 2017 is a good year.

I have three new cotter pins all sold as 3/8" and each one is different in terms of the cut out, threads and nuts and, yes, one has the threaded portion offset.

However, they all work on my non-folding kickstart but all fall through with the new folding one.

I heard back from Steve at Feked this morning and he has asked me to send back the kickstart for checking. I will let you know what transpires!

Brian
1955 BSA A10 Golden Flash
Exeter, Devon, UK

Offline BrianS

• A's Good Friend
« Reply #16 on: 11.01. 2017 21:16 »
Just had a refund from Feked so I am assuming Steve agrees the kickstart was faulty.

I am looking at another one on eBay here http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/371374881587

Anyone tried one of these on their A10 please?

Brian
Exeter, Devon, UK

Offline Tomcat

• Valued Contributor
« Reply #17 on: 12.01. 2017 03:56 »

I purchased the correct folding kickstarter from Priory Magnetos. Why not get Andrew to put one in with the dynamo? Unlike half of the suppliers Andrew knows what these parts are for. DISCLAIMER I have no connection other than a satisfied customer.
Cheers TC
59 Super Rocket 

Offline BrianS

• A's Good Friend
« Reply #18 on: 12.01. 2017 07:59 »
Good thinking - I will do that!

Brian
Exeter, Devon, UK

Offline Dean

• A's Good Friend
« Reply #19 on: 26.01. 2017 20:51 »
If anyone else would like a brand new folding kickstart with an oversized cotter pin hole I have a spare bought from an autojumble some years ago *sad2*
Never tell people your troubles. Half of them are not interested and the other half are glad you're getting what's coming to you.