Author Topic: Oil Tank Rocker Connection  (Read 663 times)

Offline AWJD

• A's Good Friend
Oil Tank Rocker Connection
« on: 25.01. 2017 17:20 »
I recently re-painted the tinware on my 1961 A10 Golden Flash and have just bolted the oil tank back on.  However, I'm having difficulty working out the best route for the rocker oil feed pipe as it leaves the oil tank.  The configuration of my oil pipe seems to be similar to that in the Parts Book with the copper pipe on the oil tank banjo being about 1.5" long.

Running the pipe in front of the lower mounting bracket on the oil tank seems a little crude since it leaves the pipe clearly visible in front of the oil tank. The only alternative seems to be to run it straight up through the middle of the lower  bracket but this is only possible if I don't use clips on the rubber pipe linking the 2 halves of the oil pipe.

I would be grateful if someone could tell me the best way of routing this oil pipe?

Offline Topdad

• bob hebdon
  • Wise & Enlightened
  • l
Re: Oil Tank Rocker Connection
« Reply #1 on: 26.01. 2017 13:13 »
I  ended up replacing the metal pipe with flex oil proof tubing been on for 3 yrs plus and is still fine, routed it virtually out sight .
" rules are made for the guidance of wise men and the blind obediance of fools"
United Kingdom

Online Greybeard

• Jack of all trades; master of none.
  • Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #2 on: 26.01. 2017 15:13 »
On my Plunger the rocker feed runs out of sight behind the saddle tube along with clutch cable and cut-out wire.
Greybeard (Neil)
2023 Gold Star
Supporter of THE DISTINGUISHED GENTLEMAN'S RIDE https://www.gentlemansride.com

Warwickshire UK

A Distinguished Gentleman Riding his 1955 Plunger Golden Flash

beezermacc

« Reply #3 on: 26.01. 2017 17:02 »
The banjo which fits on the oil tank will have a pipe on it which is at least 3" long unless it's been shortened. I run the pipe straight up through the bracket on the back of the tank then join with a rubber pipe to the rocker feed pipe.

Offline AWJD

• A's Good Friend
« Reply #4 on: 26.01. 2017 17:22 »
The banjo which fits on the oil tank will have a pipe on it which is at least 3" long unless it's been shortened. I run the pipe straight up through the bracket on the back of the tank then join with a rubber pipe to the rocker feed pipe.
Many thanks for that beezermacc. I've managed to route mine in the same way using a length of tight fitting plastic tubing to reach down to my 1.5" banjo pipe. Other A10's, such as the one on the front cover of the Haynes manual, seem to route the pipe in front of the oil tank bracket which doesn't look very good.