Author Topic: Shooting Star & Parts  (Read 434 times)

Offline Andut

• Active
Shooting Star & Parts
« on: 29.03. 2017 11:44 »
Hello all - I have posted this in 'Introductions' also as it's my first post, but it's probably more appropriate in this forum !

One of my neighbors found me over the weekend to seek my advice on her late husbands motorbike.  Unfortunately he passed away a year ago and she is now ready to free up space in her garage and sell on his old bike and associated parts, so she asked about the best way to sell it and if I might have any idea on it's value.

I don't know much about British bikes, but a quick look under covers inside the garage revealed a green Shooting Star that appears to be very much complete and in very good condition.  It has apparently been in the garage for over 10 yrs and was a runner when it was stored, but I have not attempted to kick it over, check for sparks etc.  It has a lot of paperwork going back to the original sales invoice, plenty of old MOTs up to the last one at either 34k or 43k miles (can't recall which !), V5 in his name and showing only 2 previous owners etc.  The garage appeared to be very dry and therefore the chrome looks in excellent condition with the only noticeable damage from my 5 minute inspection being a cracked tank badge on the n/s (badge only - the tank looked undamaged.)

There is also quite a large collection of spares that I briefly looked at - spare exhaust downpipes and silencers, again in excellent condition, a spare gearbox that looked like new, seat covers etc etc - There is also a spare engine that I didn't see, but there was an invoice for it with the rest of the paperwork.

Clearly a few pictures would help, and we agreed that I will get some photos of all the parts and the bike in a week or so to catalogue what's there and start to think about where and how to sell it all, but in the meantime, I'd appreciate any thoughts on value , best place to sell etc.  I have obviously checked ebay, but that can be misleading !

Many thanks in advance for any help and advice !

Andy

Offline TT John

• A's Good Friend
Re: Shooting Star & Parts
« Reply #1 on: 30.03. 2017 09:21 »
Andy

Welcome to the site, you have picked the correct place to try and dispose of this motorbike and parts, I'm sure a lot of members here will be interested, including myself.
Where about's are in the country, and will it be possible to view?

I am in the Kent.

Kind regards TTJohn

Mod edit, please use PM's. Don't post perssonal emails or phone #'s

Offline rocker21

• A's Good Friend
Re: Shooting Star & Parts
« Reply #2 on: 30.03. 2017 14:39 »
i am interested in these parts and bike, i am near Oxford,
1960 A7SS, 1954 Ariel fieldmaster 500 twin, motoguzzi Monza 500, motoguzzi V7III special, Yamaha sr400 (2014)