Author Topic: Tickler/Primer plunger  (Read 1621 times)

Online RichardL

• Outside Chicago, IL
  • Wise & Enlightened
Re: Tickler/Primer plunger
« Reply #15 on: 04.04. 2017 22:45 »
As I've said many times, "I'm no expert," but it seems to me that you have to overflow the float bowl for the tickler to do its thing. Take a look at this video, where the fuel pours out of the main jet and into the venturi when the tickler is pushed. Mind that this is a concentric.

https://youtu.be/KmXrBvLLpBY

Richard L.

Offline duTch

• Ricketty Rocketty Golden Flashback
  • Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #16 on: 05.04. 2017 00:48 »
What's the problem? Us greasy butch leather clad motorbikers are supposed to stink of oil and petrol. We aren't ponsy Mods on scooters

No problem- just sometimes need 'em for eating an stuff..

Richard, I'm no expert either and my climate generally doesn't require much priming, if any, but I work on the theory that if any fuel is coming from the floatplunger it should be adequate and close to the pilot air intake anyway.  I guess it comes down to how much you want to flood it... *dunno*

Started building in about 1977/8 a on average '52 A10 -built from bits 'n pieces never resto intended -maybe 'personalised'
Have a '74 850T Moto Guzzi since '92-best thing I ever bought doesn't need a kickstart 'cos it bump starts sooooooooo(mostly) easy
Australia

Online RichardL

• Outside Chicago, IL
  • Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #17 on: 05.04. 2017 04:09 »
Dutch,

My comment about the overflow was mostly a reply to Ellis having said that he stops tickling before getting any overflow. To be honest, I'm not sure the flow into the venturi doesn't start happening before seeing overflow at the tickler. Too busy holding the camera to tell.

Richard L.

Offline duTch

• Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #18 on: 05.04. 2017 04:17 »

Oops sorry got carried away thinking it was all about me  *smile*
Started building in about 1977/8 a on average '52 A10 -built from bits 'n pieces never resto intended -maybe 'personalised'
Have a '74 850T Moto Guzzi since '92-best thing I ever bought doesn't need a kickstart 'cos it bump starts sooooooooo(mostly) easy
Australia

Online RichardL

• Outside Chicago, IL
  • Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #19 on: 05.04. 2017 05:00 »
An expression used by Aussies you might have heard once or twice, "No worries, mate." Anyway, I think your point that if the fuel is coming out it's adequate works for me.

By the way, if I don't smell a little like gas at the end of a ride I might as well not have been out.

Richard L

Offline Butch (cb)

• Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #20 on: 05.04. 2017 09:14 »
What's the problem? Us greasy butch leather clad motorbikers are supposed to stink of oil and petrol. We aren't ponsy Mods on scooters!

I love the smell of napalm in the morning ...  The smell, you know that gasoline smell ... Smelled like ... victory.
Warning - observations made by this member have a 93% unreliability rating.

Of Bikes; various, including ...
'58 S/Arm Iron Head Flash Bitza

Offline duTch

• Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #21 on: 05.04. 2017 10:58 »
 I know That^^^^'s aquote from something like GoodMorn Viet..?? farqued up concept though....

"No worries, mate."

or; yeah mate 'no wuzzas' ...
Australia

Online RichardL

• Outside Chicago, IL
  • Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #22 on: 05.04. 2017 12:38 »
How soon we forget. Apocalypse Now, where wet sumping was also described, "The horror!"

Richard L.

Offline duTch

• Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #23 on: 05.04. 2017 13:05 »

....How soon we forget....
  you kidding me.. *????* *????* At least I had the historical time frame ???
      The only two fillums I remember going to with the Mutha of my effsprogs, was ^^^ 'Apocalypse', and 'Aliens' (just a few weeks out)....and the Star WWars trilogy at the drives, but we won't talk about that......marathon *pull hair out*

dammit- now I'll have to go chase it up and see it again
Australia