Author Topic: Draganfly Motorcycles  (Read 4424 times)

Offline bl**dydrivers

• Valued Contributor
Draganfly Motorcycles
« on: 22.04. 2017 02:04 »
I think Draganfly Motorcycles is getting too big for their own good!
I've ordered quite allot from them, I find their quality is not there, service is not good and they keep messing up orders.

adm edit: Draganfly representative is welcome to register and respond.

Online orabanda

• Wise & Enlightened
Re: Draganfly Motorcycles
« Reply #1 on: 22.04. 2017 14:25 »
Just received my latest order of parts from Draganfly; no problems with the service or quality of parts.
Richard
Western Australia

Online scotty

• Resident Legend
« Reply #2 on: 22.04. 2017 15:42 »
Over the last 15yrs I've probably purchased more from Dfly than any other vendor

No bad experiences with service/quality of goods

S

Scotty

Current liabilities:
'56 A10 Dark Flash
'54 B33
‘74 Berlin Bomber R75-6

Offline RoyC

• Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #3 on: 22.04. 2017 21:08 »
They are just so slow. I have had things on backorder for so long that I have ordered from elsewhere.
My bike is a 1958 A7SS
Staffordshire UK

Online Greybeard

• Jack of all trades; master of none.
  • Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #4 on: 22.04. 2017 21:35 »
They are just so slow. I have had things on backorder for so long that I have ordered from elsewhere.
Yes, I found that as well. I guess they wait until they have enough demand for a batch to be made by their suppliers. I soon stopped back ordering and looked elsewhere.
Greybeard (Neil)
2023 Gold Star
Supporter of THE DISTINGUISHED GENTLEMAN'S RIDE https://www.gentlemansride.com

Warwickshire UK

A Distinguished Gentleman Riding his 1955 Plunger Golden Flash

Offline Butch (cb)

• Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #5 on: 24.04. 2017 12:21 »
Yes, I found that as well. I guess they wait until they have enough demand for a batch to be made by their suppliers. I soon stopped back ordering and looked elsewhere.

Me too. They are not my first port of call any more.
Warning - observations made by this member have a 93% unreliability rating.

Of Bikes; various, including ...
'58 S/Arm Iron Head Flash Bitza

Online Greybeard

• Jack of all trades; master of none.
  • Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #6 on: 24.04. 2017 12:41 »
It's pretty amazing to me that we are still able to get parts for our old bikes and that we even have a choice of where to buy them!
Greybeard (Neil)
2023 Gold Star
Supporter of THE DISTINGUISHED GENTLEMAN'S RIDE https://www.gentlemansride.com

Warwickshire UK

A Distinguished Gentleman Riding his 1955 Plunger Golden Flash

Offline ralph

• Moving Up
« Reply #7 on: 24.04. 2017 13:20 »
I think Draganfly Motorcycles is getting too big for their own good!
I've ordered quite allot from them, I find their quality is not there, service is not good and they keep messing up orders.

adm edit: Draganfly representative is welcome to register and respond.

Got to the edge of court proceedings, over a refund on a dynamo driving sprocket, of such bad quality I could have done better with my carpentry tools. They kept quoting "self centering soft riveting" of the boss to the chainwheel to account for it's looking like a cam in rotation. The same nasty part was coincidentally being offered on ebay at a location only a short distance from head shop.
I really wouldn't want soft rivets in there, the resultant smash up would be costly with the SRM bottom end

Iron head A10, Panther 120, BMW RS100, Norton 500T special,

Offline chaterlea25

• Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #8 on: 25.04. 2017 21:33 »
Hi All,
"self centering soft riveting"
   WTF  *ex* *ex* *pull hair out* *pull hair out*

*problem* *problem*

John

1961 Super Rocket
1963 RGS (ongoing)

Online KiwiGF

• Last had an A10 in 1976, in 2011 it was time for my 2nd one. It was the project from HELL (but I learned a lot....)
  • Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #9 on: 26.04. 2017 02:52 »
My experience with DF was good for a couple of years, and when things went wrong they acted reasonably (items lost in post refunded without question), wrong spokes/nipples sent so many times I lost count, all without cost to me.

Quite a few items I received were of questionable quality eg (to name a few) ..... a new ski slope with incredibly badly tacked on (and rusty) nut for the air filter, a new alloy mag gear that needed its teeth filing to fit, b31 axle nuts of wrong diameter to fit the frame slots, fork seal holders that the chrome falls offs etc etc

This was all "forgivable" as I've had duff parts from other bsa parts suppliers before, and I know that most of the parts DF stock come from the same manufacturer (eg Aerco) that similar companies to DF source from.

But then DF cost me a few hundred extra dollars by not following simple shipping instructions (for rims) and even though I never mentioned compensation DF would not acknowledge any fault at all, or that they were obliged to follow any such instructions, and frankly, they were rude about it.

From what I can see the children of the long time owner of the business have taken over the running of DF in the last couple of years, this may explain the decline in service?

Either way, I buy from elsewhere now, whenever I can.
New Zealand

1956 A10 Golden Flash  (1st finished project)
1949 B31 rigid “400cc”  (2nd finished project)
1968 B44 Victor Special (3rd finished project)
2001 GL1800 Goldwing, well, the wife likes it
2009 KTM 990 Adventure, cos it’s 100% nuts

Offline coater87

• Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #10 on: 26.04. 2017 04:24 »
 It seems every time I order from them a few pieces are good to OK quality, but most of it is disappointing.

It seems many of their suppliers also sell on E-bay and the ads always clearly state
"Bestest quality" along with  the fact the same part fits perfectly on Honda, Triumph, and Harley Davidson also. *sad2*
Central Wisconsin in the U.S.

Offline ralph

• Moving Up
« Reply #11 on: 26.04. 2017 23:13 »
Hi All,
"self centering soft riveting"
   WTF  *ex* *ex* *pull hair out* *pull hair out*

*problem* *problem*

John

EXACTLY!!!
Iron head A10, Panther 120, BMW RS100, Norton 500T special,

Online RichardL

• Outside Chicago, IL
  • Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #12 on: 26.04. 2017 23:50 »
It seemed to me that Draganfly needed to be advised that they are getting a lot of bad press here right now, so I sent them this:

Draganfly Folks,

While I have no particular problem with you, you are taking a beating right now on the BSA A7/A10 forum. As of today, we have 942 members worldwide. I believe it would be in your interest to speak for yourselves on the forum. We cannot help but hope you will take us seriously and consider the comments by several of our members. In the name of fairness, our forum administrator has invited and encouraged you to chime in. See comment in orange on first post, here: http://www.a7a10.net/forum/index.php?topic=11641.msg88972;topicseen#msg88972 .

Regards,

Richard

Offline Draganfly Motorcycles

• New
« Reply #13 on: 28.04. 2017 09:06 »
Thank you for the opportunity to comment on your forum.
Whilst we appreciate all comments, we are not able to answer individual cases and would like to let your members know what we are doing to continually improve the service we provide and quality of the products.
We understand how frustrating it is waiting for parts and have recently invested over ?12,000 in new equipment in the workshop and increasing our total staff from 12 to 15.
We are now making more products in house than ever before. Our workshop has gone from one part time staff member 5 years ago to 5 full time members today. 
Since January of this year an extra 3 staff have been recruited to help improve on our unrivalled customer service, for example, we offer an advice service (telephone, letter or even e-mail) and can help with most technical queries, Ebay cannot. Our returns policy has got to be one of the best available and we now offer a same day dispatch service for customers who need their parts fast. For others our postage starts at ?2.95 (UK) and this is items up to 20kg! So you could buy a rear sprocket and chain and the postage would be ?2.95! (UK)
We do not claim to be the fastest people out there or to stock every single part made, however we always help people out, regardless if they bought parts from us or not. We take customer service very seriously. We have had customers return parts they bought they bought from us over 5 years prior and not a question asked from us. I would challenge anyone to name another company that would provide such a service.
Once again we always welcome questions and comments and look forward to good weather and fun motorcycling.

Online RichardL

• Outside Chicago, IL
  • Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #14 on: 28.04. 2017 13:15 »
DF,

Thank you for providing your response. To me, it shows your concern for our concerns, which is a very important starting point. The growth of your business is impressive and I think we all understand that with growth comes pains. As for myself, I am appreciative of the information available on your website and definately impressed by your range of parts and services. No doubt, I'll soon have the opportunity to test your shipping, quality and customer service and, be sure, I will let you know how it goes, good or bad.

Richard L.