Author Topic: Rear wheel bearings in "crinckle" hub.  (Read 2397 times)

Offline ColinF

• Active
Re: Rear wheel bearings in "crinckle" hub.
« Reply #15 on: 07.05. 2017 12:56 »
Thanks for all the input.The hub on the ebay link that RichardL listed is now winging its way from the U.S , it will look much cleaner than the bolt up one on a custom bike as you pointed out.Also the hub cover on the link Greybeard posted was what we thought we were missing but looking at the rivets on the bit stuck to the hub is that half of the hub cover? Either way with the replacement hub and new cover we should be sorted.
Cheers,Colin.

Offline RichardL

• Outside Chicago, IL
  • Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #16 on: 07.05. 2017 15:22 »
Well, I think it's clear you needed a new hub. I showed the one I did as an example of what a decent one should look like. I assume you looked around on eBay to be sure you were getting the best deal. Anyway, I'm pretty confident you'll be glad to have the new part.

Richard L.

Offline duTch

• Ricketty Rocketty Golden Flashback
  • Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #17 on: 07.05. 2017 22:46 »
 If it's description as advertised is correct,  then I'm sorry to say it is not a Plunger hub- and you will still need the dust cover (which answer above '?', is two bits spot-welded together- as I already said).

It will (should) work if you use the bearing spacer from the hub you already have(assuming it's a Plunger one), but won't have a R/H bearing retainer ring, and back to the original confusion- is it left or right hand thread. ..(?)

They at least use same bearings .

Plunger hub # is 67-6126 dust cover 67-6128.
 You bought a 68-6114 (?)

Started building in about 1977/8 a on average '52 A10 -built from bits 'n pieces never resto intended -maybe 'personalised'
Have a '74 850T Moto Guzzi since '92-best thing I ever bought doesn't need a kickstart 'cos it bump starts sooooooooo(mostly) easy
Australia

Offline ColinF

• Active
« Reply #18 on: 15.05. 2017 20:09 »
Yes, i get it now.I didn't buy the hub but sent link to my mate and he did.When it gets here i'll let you know when we've got it sorted out.