Author Topic: Thick or what ??  (Read 469 times)

Offline Topdad

• bob hebdon
  • Wise & Enlightened
  • l
Thick or what ??
« on: 09.06. 2017 11:31 »
I was fighting with my gearbox last night to try to get the mainshaft to still turn after the outer cover was nipped up and had decided to fit 2 gaskets to the inner cover which I duly did with immediate better results after getting the outer cover on i got egually good results  the g/lever  returning to middle position and being able to change gears with a  nice click ,so far so good . *smile*
next I decided to turn the box over by means of the kickstarter hand on same and push no resistence at all ,bugger cover slightly back reposition kickstart quadrant ,thinking thats got it ,push no resistence ?? *rant* nuts off cover right off whats wrong with this quadrant , only to realise I hadn't put on the ratchet mech on the mainshaft , what a plonker  *doh* *doh* *sad* oh dear dementia rules !!
" rules are made for the guidance of wise men and the blind obediance of fools"
United Kingdom

Offline duTch

• Ricketty Rocketty Golden Flashback
  • Wise & Enlightened
Re: Thick or what ??
« Reply #1 on: 09.06. 2017 12:13 »

Well Bob, as Ive said a few times before- I'm no Gearbox guru, just sometimes get lucky...but my general analysis of this one is as my old boss always said " it's not a farqueup if you find and fix it before someone else does"

and I think you've nailed it   *wink2*
Started building in about 1977/8 a on average '52 A10 -built from bits 'n pieces never resto intended -maybe 'personalised'
Have a '74 850T Moto Guzzi since '92-best thing I ever bought doesn't need a kickstart 'cos it bump starts sooooooooo(mostly) easy
Australia

Offline duTch

• Ricketty Rocketty Golden Flashback
  • Wise & Enlightened
Re: Thick or what ??
« Reply #2 on: 09.06. 2017 12:14 »

Well Bob, as Ive said a few times before- I'm no Gearbox guru, just sometimes get lucky...but my general analysis of this one is as my old boss always said " it's not a farqueup if you find and fix it before someone else does"

and I think you've nailed it   *wink2*

also  *bash*..... *smile*
Started building in about 1977/8 a on average '52 A10 -built from bits 'n pieces never resto intended -maybe 'personalised'
Have a '74 850T Moto Guzzi since '92-best thing I ever bought doesn't need a kickstart 'cos it bump starts sooooooooo(mostly) easy
Australia