Author Topic: Tips for running in a rebuild and long distance biking  (Read 1777 times)

Offline mikeb

• Resident Legend
Re: Tips for running in a rebuild and long distance biking
« Reply #15 on: 13.06. 2017 01:29 »
If possible I would recommend 500 miles of testing
i'd prefer to do at least a couple of hundred without the sidecar to ease the load on your new bottom end. the problem is the bottom end wants a peaceful low-load start to life and the rings want some serious work to bed in. so compromise is one-third to two-thirds throttle and vary your revs to help the rings, especially for the first 100 miles. so no steady-speed motorway riding. oil changes at 50, 500 and 1500 miles. and all of the above.
sounds like a fun trip coming up. has your dog got a helmet and googles like this photo? (sorry forum, i think its a b33 or M20 etc)
New Zealand
'61 Super Rocket  - '47 B33 -  '21 Triumph Speed Triple RS

Offline owain

• A's Good Friend
« Reply #16 on: 14.06. 2017 19:15 »
Awesome tips guys, I just got back from the garage now after fixing (I hope) an oil leak from the timing cover. Hoping to stick fresh tyres on the bike and get it through it's MOT on friday so I can start running it in. Will hopefully be out all weekend on it!.

As for the dog helmet....Of course, can't let the little bugger go deaf ;)
West Sweden & North Wales
'50 BSA A10
'69 BSA A75R
'53 BSA B33

Offline mikeb

• Resident Legend
« Reply #17 on: 14.06. 2017 22:07 »
great helmet for teddy. goggles too? i hope you can post a photo of him in the sidecar when you are ready to go.
New Zealand
'61 Super Rocket  - '47 B33 -  '21 Triumph Speed Triple RS

Offline bl**dydrivers

• Valued Contributor
« Reply #18 on: 21.06. 2017 01:27 »
When you visit Llandudno, make sure you take the orme tramway, get to see some beautiful sites there, spent my teenage years on the north coast of Wales and then Telford by Shrewsbury. Always tell my wife how beautiful Wales is and one day will take her.

Hope you will have a great time and take plenty of pictures!