Author Topic: Gawd it's hot!  (Read 648 times)

Online Greybeard

• Jack of all trades; master of none.
  • Wise & Enlightened
Gawd it's hot!
« on: 19.06. 2017 19:02 »
It's proper hot here today. Hotter than Miami they said on TV.

Offline a10gf

• Wise & Enlightened
  • West Coast, Norway & Alpes Maritimes, France
    • A10 GF
Re: Gawd it's hot!
« Reply #1 on: 19.06. 2017 20:05 »
Here too, south France, over 30 today.
But am up in the mountains, so thankfully, cool and nice at evening\night.

A10 GF '53 My A10 website
"Success only gets you a ticket to a much more difficult task"

Offline tinu

• A's Best Friend
« Reply #2 on: 19.06. 2017 20:44 »
Here it is hot too... my clutch works really inaccurate at these temperatures...
A10 Golden Flash '57
VW T3 '84 "Bulli"

Online RichardL

• Outside Chicago, IL
  • Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #3 on: 19.06. 2017 23:31 »
Aagh, not that hot.
Plan on signing up for the world-wide 2020 DISTINGUISHED GENTLEMAN'S RIDEon September 27, 2020. This year it's a solo or pillion ride in dapper attire. Watch website at https://www.gentlemansride.com for details.

Online RichardL

• Outside Chicago, IL
  • Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #4 on: 19.06. 2017 23:35 »
I have a friend who lives in Havasu City, Arizona, where it is currently 48 C.

Richard L.
Plan on signing up for the world-wide 2020 DISTINGUISHED GENTLEMAN'S RIDEon September 27, 2020. This year it's a solo or pillion ride in dapper attire. Watch website at https://www.gentlemansride.com for details.

Offline duTch

• Ricketty Rocketty Golden Flashback
  • Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #5 on: 20.06. 2017 01:51 »

Is currently bleak and crappy here, down to 23º and had to wear a jacket when I was out on an errant just now  *eek*- but at least it's not raining(yet), had that last week
Started building in about 1977/8 a on average '52 A10 -built from bits 'n pieces never resto intended -maybe 'personalised'
Have a '74 850T Moto Guzzi since '92-best thing I ever bought doesn't need a kickstart 'cos it bump starts sooooooooo(mostly) easy
Australia

Online Butch (cb)

• Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #6 on: 20.06. 2017 09:50 »
And I’m hoping to head oop north this weekend for the Guzzi Club Pennine Rally (Settle – Yorkshire), and they’re talking max day time temp of 14 degrees C and likely rain. And here I am sitting in an air conditioned office in the Smoke today sure in the knowledge that the trains will all be up the swanny again because the overhead lines are too old and stretchy for this heat. Grrrr.   
Warning - observations made by this member have a 93% unreliability rating.

Of Bikes; various, including ...
'58 Iron Head Flash Bitza

Offline Topdad

• bob hebdon
  • Wise & Enlightened
  • l
« Reply #7 on: 20.06. 2017 10:55 »
CB  enjoy Settle (Ingeton too ? )   great pubs up there and the scenery is wonderful. Road signs are interesting up there  for instance if it says sharp bend slow down however if it says very sharp bend ... get off and push it round or you may disappear up your own exhaust ! *conf2*
In my youth I used to take the leader of a cave rescue team from Liverpool up there on call outs and training in the pot holes ,but never ventured in one myself ,prefer sunshine ,enjoy .
" rules are made for the guidance of wise men and the blind obediance of fools"
United Kingdom

Online Butch (cb)

• Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #8 on: 20.06. 2017 12:23 »
Ha - I was a member of the Essex County Scout Caving Team in my youth. Got dragged out of a pub one dark night up there to help with a rescue. Just had to lug a whole bunch of ropes and hardware in for them to rig.

And wilco and thanks, I'll be on 'Blue' my ex carabinieri T3.

Online Butch (cb)

• Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #9 on: 20.06. 2017 12:57 »
Anyhoos; I was due out for band practice last night, this being in the back bedroom over at the drummers gaff. This is normally conducted with a mattress strapped across the window for the protection of the neighbours and other wildlife. It being a bit of a warm one it was suggested that we play an acoustic set around there and forego the mattress.

I elected to head out that way on my A10 with my acoustic (but not double!) bass strapped to my back. A lovely ride; felt like Elvis.   

And this was after attending a funeral earlier in the day. Wore my darkest suit, white shirt and black tie ... and pudding basin and dark glasses. Rode down on my Camel; felt like Will Smith.
(And as the curtains swept slowly around the casket they played  ‘See you later Alligator’. Yes really, Cool guy.)

Online RichardL

• Outside Chicago, IL
  • Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #10 on: 20.06. 2017 13:25 »
So, CB, you are saying  that that is not you in the attached picture? Maybe your electric bass is more like the one in the other photo? That sure looks like an old BSA tank you could have had laying atound.

Richard L.

Offline duTch

• Ricketty Rocketty Golden Flashback
  • Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #11 on: 20.06. 2017 13:26 »

on my A10 with my acoustic (but not double!) bass strapped to my back.

nevertheless, "...the wind is stronger on the box side than the neck side..."

darnit- Ricco rounde me up....
Started building in about 1977/8 a on average '52 A10 -built from bits 'n pieces never resto intended -maybe 'personalised'
Have a '74 850T Moto Guzzi since '92-best thing I ever bought doesn't need a kickstart 'cos it bump starts sooooooooo(mostly) easy
Australia

Offline a10gf

• Wise & Enlightened
  • West Coast, Norway & Alpes Maritimes, France
    • A10 GF
« Reply #12 on: 20.06. 2017 20:28 »
I have a friend who lives in Havasu City, Arizona, where it is currently 48 C.

About Arizona heat, got a biker\musician friend who has a house there, last summer he stepped out of his car onto the tarmac outside the house. For some reason, no shoes, barefoot. Was frying egg temps, he got a very serious burn.

But that's just the beginning. It refused to heal and got very dangerous infection, needed to amputate foot to save life. Later, infection came back, had to amputate again, at knee! Then fell over when practising walking after getting his shining, new high tech steel foot, and broke hip in several places.

That is a heat related problem. Although very hot here and other places, looks like we have nothing to complain about so far... Take care, sometimes the smallest of actions can have the biggest of repercussions.

A10 GF '53 My A10 website
"Success only gets you a ticket to a much more difficult task"

Offline Tomcat

• Valued Contributor
« Reply #13 on: 21.06. 2017 09:07 »
33 (in Brummy) is the highest temp on that map GB, that's a nice day Down Under  *smile*
'48 A7 '59 SR '74 850 Commando TDM900

Online Greybeard

• Jack of all trades; master of none.
  • Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #14 on: 21.06. 2017 09:20 »
33 (in Brummy) is the highest temp on that map GB, that's a nice day Down Under  *smile*
I thought someone might say that but we are not used to it here!