Author Topic: Dumb question of the week (fit plunger pipes)  (Read 1103 times)

Online Rex

• Wise & Enlightened
Re: Dumb question of the week (fit plunger pipes)
« Reply #15 on: 08.10. 2017 16:06 »
I would be too.
Send 'em back to modify and rechrome. Although we can all get around the problem, we shouldn't have to for that price!

Offline coater87

• Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #16 on: 08.10. 2017 17:35 »
Thanks for your replies and it does appear these are shorter than they should be.

I know I could engineer something to fix the problem but I am a bit peeved that the exhausts cost me nearly £150 and dont fit, I dont see why I should pay that money and then have to make them fit.

I can easily count on one hand the number of parts I have bought for this bike (90% of all parts) that actually fit straight away if it was a pattern part.

Its disgusting.

Maybe 10% of those 90% I just threw straight in the garbage- it was easier to completely make the part myself than to modify the pattern part fit.

Matter of fact it was on this site I finally reached the boiling point over some terrible fork shrouds.

Look on the brighter side, at least you didnt pay 150 pounds for the pipes plus 150 pounds for shipping only to be told you have to pay 150 pounds more to ship the bad parts back. *eek*
Central Wisconsin in the U.S.

Offline bikerboy

• Valued Contributor
« Reply #17 on: 26.10. 2017 00:52 »
To be honest I checked a friends plunger and his are the same as the ones I bought. Maybe cos I have put an alloy twin carb head on it the pipes are out of line.

The earlier cylinder heads were smaller I know that so it appears that standard pipes dont go straight on  *sad2*

Online muskrat

• Global Moderator
  • Wise & Enlightened
  • Lithgow NSW Oz
    • Shoalhaven Classic Motorcycle Club Inc
« Reply #18 on: 26.10. 2017 10:18 »
The pipes on my plunger A7 were originally fitted to it's small fin iron head. No adjustments were needed when the A7SS head was fitted.  *dunno*
Cheers
'51 A7 plunger, '57 A7SS racer now a A10CR, '78 XT500, '83 CB1100F, 88 HD FXST, 2000 CBR929RR ex Honda Australia Superbike .
Australia
Muskys Plunger A7

Offline bikerboy

• Valued Contributor
« Reply #19 on: 12.11. 2017 23:11 »
Cheers Muskrat at the moment its still on the bench and maybe the jack is in the way a bit I will see whats its like when I get it on the ground but I dont hold out much hope  *sad2*