Author Topic: Rally Weekend  (Read 600 times)

Offline RichardL

• Outside Chicago, IL
  • Wise & Enlightened
Rally Weekend
« on: 21.06. 2017 02:41 »
My plan for this Saturday is to attend and show at "Motoblot"' the Chicago Urban Motorcycle and Hot Rod Rally seen here: http://motoblot.com/

This is happening at the start/end point for The Distinguished Gentleman's Ride about 30 miles from home. Should be a good trial run. I know, 30 miles should be nothing, but for last year's DGR my clutch was slipping so bad I nursed the bike for the entire 80 mile day.  There was barely enough friction to get her started.

I hope it doesn't rain, because I'm really looking forward to this.

Richard L.
Plan on signing up for the world-wide 2017 DISTINGUISHED GENTLEMAN'S RIDE on September 30, 2018. Watch website at https://www.gentlemansride.com for details.

Offline Tomcat

• Valued Contributor
Re: Rally Weekend
« Reply #1 on: 21.06. 2017 08:53 »
Sounds good Richard, please take plenty of pix of the Brit bikes and Old School Hot rods, Thanks.
BTW persistence is the the key to getting that clutch sorted  *eek*
'48 A7 '59 SR '74 850 Commando TDM900

Offline RichardL

• Outside Chicago, IL
  • Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #2 on: 21.06. 2017 12:32 »
Yep, it was sorted a few days after returning from last year's DGR. How should I say this to be safe? By some freak of nature for which I will take no credit and which only persists by sheer luck and knocking on a wide variety of exotic woods, my 6-spring clutch has performed great since the last time someone occupying my body without my knowing adjusted it. The abnormal behaviors include neutral being easy to find and no clonking into first from neutral.

Richard L.
Plan on signing up for the world-wide 2017 DISTINGUISHED GENTLEMAN'S RIDE on September 30, 2018. Watch website at https://www.gentlemansride.com for details.

Offline Topdad

• bob hebdon
  • Wise & Enlightened
  • l
« Reply #3 on: 21.06. 2017 12:52 »
 Just goes to prove " that the lord does indeed move in mysterious ways " sorry couldn't resist !! We all need a little help sometimes and with a six springer I have to say divine inspiration is the only way I'd be able to adjust one. Either way enjoy your weekend ,the ride will be great ,60 miles is a nice distance , watch out for the loons, Bob
" rules are made for the guidance of wise men and the blind obediance of fools"
United Kingdom

Online Greybeard

• Jack of all trades; master of none.
  • Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #4 on: 21.06. 2017 22:15 »
Yep, it was sorted a few days after returning from last year's DGR. How should I say this to be safe? By some freak of nature for which I will take no credit and which only persists by sheer luck and knocking on a wide variety of exotic woods, my 6-spring clutch has performed great since the last time someone occupying my body without my knowing adjusted it. The abnormal behaviors include neutral being easy to find and no clonking into first from neutral.

Richard L.
It was because you bought that lucky heather from the gypsy lady.

Offline Topdad

• bob hebdon
  • Wise & Enlightened
  • l
« Reply #5 on: 22.06. 2017 13:05 »
GB ,not talking to you , the bloody rain is back here in liverpool , to hot eh ???  *lol* *lol*
" rules are made for the guidance of wise men and the blind obediance of fools"
United Kingdom

Offline cyclobutch

• Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #6 on: 22.06. 2017 13:09 »
Just checked out that link Richard. Looks like you're in for some fun there. I've got rally envy now.
Various, including ...
'58 Iron Head Flash Bitza

Online Greybeard

• Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #7 on: 22.06. 2017 17:19 »
GB ,not talking to you , the bloody rain is back here in liverpool , to hot eh ???  *lol* *lol*

No rain here: YET!

Offline RichardL

• Outside Chicago, IL
  • Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #8 on: 24.06. 2017 20:13 »
OK. I'm going live on Ustream in about 5 minutes. Search for RLAI.

Offline RichardL

• Outside Chicago, IL
  • Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #9 on: 24.06. 2017 22:05 »
Well, no one responded, so I guess you missed it. I'll try to.post to YouTube later today or tomorrow. Maybe you hand still find the broadcasts on Ustream by searching for "rlai" (without quotes).

Richard L

Offline RichardL

• Outside Chicago, IL
  • Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #10 on: 24.06. 2017 22:33 »
Two BSAs here, as far as I've seen. Needless to say, mine is the only A10.

I hope this won't get me in trouble with my friends here, but I did offer to trade straight across for a Vincent Rapide. Uhhh, I still have the A10.

RichardL.

Online Greybeard

• Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #11 on: 24.06. 2017 23:16 »
Well, no one responded, so I guess you missed it. I'll try to.post to YouTube later today or tomorrow. Maybe you hand still find the broadcasts on Ustream by searching for "rlai" (without quotes).

Richard L
I watched some of it; I gave you a 'Like'

Offline RichardL

• Outside Chicago, IL
  • Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #12 on: 25.06. 2017 17:37 »
I just looked at some of that video. Really crappy technique, but the idea was to walk most of the show while broadcasting live and the show was big, as you might be able to tell. Yeah, I know "excuses, excuses."

On the other hand, I did get a little plaque, which would be more meaningful if there had been more people who actually registered their bikes into the competition for judging. I don't know how many it was, but it was more than one. The Vincent wasn't one of them.  Also, a little more bittersweet having seized the engine on the way home. Got home, but top is coming off.   

Richard L.

Online Greybeard

• Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #13 on: 25.06. 2017 23:27 »
Well done. Bad luck.

Online WozzA

• Wise & Enlightened
  • Melbourne Australia
« Reply #14 on: 25.06. 2017 23:40 »
Did you get a warm fuzzy feeling of pride when your rewarded for your efforts? WELL DONE..   *yeah*
& that sickening sinking butterfly's in the tummy feeling when she locked up...  *countdown* BUGGA
'51 Golden Flash Plunger
'57 Golden Flash Swingarm

Melbourne
The biggest lie I tell myself is
"I don't need to write that down, I'll remember it"