Author Topic: T.L.S. Will it fit ?  (Read 2126 times)

Offline kiwipom

• Resident Legend
Re: T.L.S. Will it fit ?
« Reply #15 on: 22.06. 2017 05:10 »
hi guys, put his one on mine, I had the edge rim turned off as I thought it looked better? also tapped thread in cable guide so as to fit an adjuster, it works well, cheers
A10.G.Flash(cafe racer)Honda 250 vtr. Yamaha Virago XV920.

War! what is it good for?Absolutely nothing, Edwin Star.
NewZealand

Offline RoyC

• Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #16 on: 22.06. 2017 07:40 »
hi guys, put his one on mine, I had the edge rim turned off as I thought it looked better? also tapped thread in cable guide so as to fit an adjuster, it works well, cheers
I like it.
Apart from the fork lug being extended, did you have any other problems to overcome ?
My bike is a 1958 A7SS
Staffordshire UK

Offline RoyC

• Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #17 on: 22.06. 2017 07:47 »
The arcing of the linings can be done with self adhesive emery paper or sandpaper. I bought a few self adhesive backed sanding discs in 180 grit, then cut strips the same width as the drum. Stick them to the drum, assemble the brake and axle into the wheel on a bench, then turn the brake plate in the hub while applying light pressure to the brake arm.
You could also fully assemble the wheel into the forks and rotate the wheel while applying the brake lightly.
It takes very little effort to remove a lot of brake lining, so be careful not to overdo it. Just take a bit off then check to see if the linings are cut everywhere or if they need another go.
Try the brake out on the road, it may work fine. My 2 ls brake gripped well after this treatment but had pulsation.
This was caused by runout in the drum. To cure that I reversed the emery, sticky side on the brake linings and emery against the drum. This process takes a lot more time and effort than arcing the linings, but in 30 minutes or so and a few emery changes the drag on the drum was perfectly even all of the way around.
I used a c clamp( g cramp UK) on the brake linkage to gradually move the brake out as the process went on.
This got rid of all brake pulsation, even at low speed.
Glen
Thanks for this Glen, I will have to try this on my out of true drums.
P.S. - Just ordered some self adhesive backed sanding discs in 180 grit. See how it goes  ;)
My bike is a 1958 A7SS
Staffordshire UK

Offline RoyC

• Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #18 on: 22.06. 2017 08:21 »
With better braking will I need to change the 15w fork oil to a thicker oil to increase damping or will I be ok with the 15w?
My bike is a 1958 A7SS
Staffordshire UK

Offline kiwipom

• Resident Legend
« Reply #19 on: 22.06. 2017 12:43 »
Hi Roy, had the lug on slider built up and just fitted it the lug needed about 5mm extension, cheers
A10.G.Flash(cafe racer)Honda 250 vtr. Yamaha Virago XV920.

War! what is it good for?Absolutely nothing, Edwin Star.
NewZealand

Offline RoyC

• Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #20 on: 22.06. 2017 14:45 »
Hi Roy, had the lug on slider built up and just fitted it the lug needed about 5mm extension, cheers
Thanks for that.  *wink2*
My bike is a 1958 A7SS
Staffordshire UK

Online Beeza

• A's Good Friend
« Reply #21 on: 25.06. 2017 00:50 »
Hi Roy, fits no problem (needs lug build up), looks cool and works great.
Cheers Thomas
62 A10 BVSR, 62 A10 RGS, 53 SFS, 57 G/Flash-black one