Author Topic: Fuel Line Connections  (Read 726 times)

Offline Waterman

• Moving Up
Fuel Line Connections
« on: 05.11. 2017 18:48 »
Hi folks, I’m after some of your expertise and experience; I currenty have rubber fuel lines and would like to change over to copper. I have the correct ends but struggling to find a, 1/4” inline solder tee, can anyone point me in the right direction where to obtain one or several?

Kind regards Andy

Online bsa-bill

• Wise & Enlightened
All the best - Bill
1961 Flash - stock, reliable, steady, fantastic for shopping
1959 Rocket Gold Flash - blinged and tarted up  would have seizure if taken to  Tesco

Offline duTch

• Ricketty Rocketty Golden Flashback
  • Wise & Enlightened
Re: Fuel Line Connections
« Reply #2 on: 05.11. 2017 20:54 »

I found some a couple of yours ago at my local gas & / refrigeration supplies, if you have one, most likely refrigeration/air-con.
Started building in about 1977/8 a on average '52 A10 -built from bits 'n pieces never resto intended -maybe 'personalised'
Have a '74 850T Moto Guzzi since '92-best thing I ever bought doesn't need a kickstart 'cos it bump starts sooooooooo(mostly) easy
Australia

Online Greybeard

• Jack of all trades; master of none.
  • Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #3 on: 05.11. 2017 21:36 »
Holdens have some fittings but doesn't look like soldered type: https://goo.gl/jKyo4P

If you could manage to use 8mm pipe you could go to a local plumbers merchants and fill your boots.

I guess someone with a lathe could make up the parts of a tee pretty easily and then solder, (preferably Silver solder) them together. One could even saw, file and drill one up from a dollop of brass.

Why do you need a Tee anyway? On my bike the pipes meet at the union below the Amal float chamber.
Greybeard (Neil)
2023 Gold Star
Supporter of THE DISTINGUISHED GENTLEMAN'S RIDE https://www.gentlemansride.com

Warwickshire UK

A Distinguished Gentleman Riding his 1955 Plunger Golden Flash

Offline Waterman

• Moving Up
« Reply #4 on: 05.11. 2017 22:45 »
Hi folks many thanks for the replies, I have now ordered the tees bsa-bill thanks, and will mak3 a piece up.

Grey beard, I have a brass push fit dual connector but have been given a screw single brass connector hence the need for a tee piece.

Hope this helps and thanks again folks Andy