Author Topic: Decent throttle  (Read 604 times)

Online A10 JWO

• Resident Legend
Re: Decent throttle
« Reply #15 on: 10.12. 2017 16:55 »
Mine fitted a treat with new Beston grips.

Offline RogerSB

• 1960 Golden Flash, Plymouth, Devon, England
  • Resident Legend
« Reply #16 on: 10.12. 2017 19:27 »
Beston - that's what I've ordered. From what I've seen the ones made in Japan look better quality than the ones from Taiwan.

Morphing from throttle twistgrips to rubber grips: What do we all use to fit them?

In the past I've used Gorilla Glue, then Kristal Klear, which is an adhesive to stick clear plastic windows or cockpit canopies to models as it sets - eh - crystal clear. Lately I've used Isopropyl Alcohol, which seems the best, it lubricates the grips to push them on easily and then evaporates very quickly leaving the grips firmly in place with no mess to clear up.

1960 Golden Flash

Offline Rgs-Bill

• A's Best Friend
  • Rocket Gold Star-Bill - U S of A -- N.W. Corner
« Reply #17 on: 10.12. 2017 21:07 »
        Just learned this trick not long ago.  Spray hair spray on the bare bar, and a little inside the rubber grip, BE REAL FAST ABOUT IT ! ! , it drys quickly.  Quickly shove the rubber grip on, and it will not slide off when you are riding after the hair spray is dry.  To remove same take a narrow thin table knife slip it under the rubber grip, breaking the bond to remove the grip easily.  But they will not come off and become dangerous while riding down the road , until you break that bond.
U S of A
N.W. Corner, Seattle 
1962 RGS
78 YEARS OLD
Still Kick Starting My Motor (9 TO 1)
Although getting a bit tougher to do ! !

Online RoyC

• Resident Legend
« Reply #18 on: 11.12. 2017 08:43 »
       To remove same take a narrow thin table knife slip it under the rubber grip, breaking the bond to remove the grip easily.  But they will not come off and become dangerous while riding down the road , until you break that bond.

I remove mine by blowing compressed air under the grip, it inflates the grip and blows it off.

Roy
My bike is a 1958 A7SS
Stafford UK

Online A10 JWO

• Resident Legend
« Reply #19 on: 19.12. 2017 17:17 »
The Beston grips I bought from ebay are very good quality, spot of washing up liquid, straight on. Very comfortable. Very nice throttle. Should have bought shares in Norton-Andover.