Author Topic: QD hub for golden flash 1950  (Read 1652 times)

Offline duTch

• Ricketty Rocketty Golden Flashback
  • Wise & Enlightened
Re: QD hub for golden flash 1950
« Reply #15 on: 01.12. 2017 20:46 »

...This confused me a must be a later feature as the dust cover in the drawing is a big flat plate..I needed to lever off the cover which and under that is the reverse threaded bearing cover under which was the distance piece required....

Understandable, my cover was second hand, and the outer plate (which  I left it behind) being only spot-welded on, the guy who supplied it destroyed it getting it off ...it could have been redeemed and reinstated with rivets or short screws with dome-nuts on the outside... though I kinda like the look of the naked - but unprotected - hub   *eek*

Started building in about 1977/8 a on average '52 A10 -built from bits 'n pieces never resto intended -maybe 'personalised'
Have a '74 850T Moto Guzzi since '92-best thing I ever bought doesn't need a kickstart 'cos it bump starts sooooooooo(mostly) easy
Australia

Offline Greybeard

• Jack of all trades; master of none.
  • Wise & Enlightened
Re: QD hub for golden flash 1950
« Reply #16 on: 01.12. 2017 22:57 »
I was very patient with mine. Applied jollop then heat and as carefully as I could worked a tyre lever around the edges until it came off. I then had to do some tin bashing to straighten it out. You cannot get to the bit that's on the hub so there is every opportunity to bend the outer part. I imagine that back in the day the old one was scrapped and a new one bunged on. When I refitted mine I eased it with emery cloth and greased it.

I think this is the item. From the BSA parts catalogue:
Greybeard (Neil)
2023 Gold Star
Supporter of THE DISTINGUISHED GENTLEMAN'S RIDE https://www.gentlemansride.com

Warwickshire UK

A Distinguished Gentleman Riding his 1955 Plunger Golden Flash